Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2006, 10:37 PM

Default Re: Can I ask a girl out here?

Can we all stop here and realize how priceless it is that:

1) She dropped the boyfriend bomb.

2) The boyfriend is a supposed poker pro who plays on stars.

3) It's very possible that boyfriend will stumble upon this thread/trainwreck.

4) People in this thread, including the OP, are actually contemplating making a solid run at this girl.

It's clearly time to move on. Maybe they'll break up and you'll be bangin her a few months from now. But for now, totally forget about that girl. You risk falling into the friend zone and acting like a total pussy.

If you still want to banger, do not befriend her.

Agreed on finding out his SN and challenging him to HU on PS until one or both of you are busto. Also, worthless without pics. siihp. pwned. done.
Old 06-25-2006, 10:51 PM

DD, I disagree.
1) I pried it out of her. It was the easiest way to see if she had a boyfriend or not. She didn't willingly give up that she had a boyfriend until today, four weeks into class. AND she didn't say it until I asked her who she was out with that night.

2) She said that he told her over dinner when they were apartment hunting that he wasn't going to find a job because he was going to play poker full time. He has a friend or two who do it, so he's going to. Also, she doesn't remember him playing more than one table at a time, though she might not be 100% sure what that meant, though she could explain the basic rules of Omaha to me.

3) It's not possible that he will see this unless someone directs him to it. I don't even have the SN yet, and probably won't give it out until there is a good trainwreck possibility. Right now I don't think he'd even care.

4) It's either make a run at her at full speed or move on. Since moving on wouldn't be much fun for OOT, might as well try and make this interesting.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I laugh at this every time I read it, quality.
Old 06-25-2006, 10:54 PM

It's been a while since we've seen someone sabotage himself with help from the crowd. I'm ready to watch.
Old 06-25-2006, 11:07 PM

Any chance that her boyfriend is professor77 of BBV fame?
Old 06-25-2006, 11:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
DD, I disagree.
1) I pried it out of her. It was the easiest way to see if she had a boyfriend or not. She didn't willingly give up that she had a boyfriend until today, four weeks into class. AND she didn't say it until I asked her who she was out with that night.

[/ QUOTE ]

You might be right, but this delayed boyfriend bomb can happen for another reason. Some people don't like to walk around mentioning their SO in casual/professional contexts. Said improperly, it can make the recipient think, "hey, I wasn't hitting on you, don't worry."

I know that if some girl asked me what I did this weekend, I'd say blah blah but wouldn't necessarily mention my girlfriend. And not because I'm keeping any options open -- it can just be a conversation killer sometimes.

[ QUOTE ]

3) It's not possible that he will see this unless someone directs him to it. I don't even have the SN yet, and probably won't give it out until there is a good trainwreck possibility. Right now I don't think he'd even care.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Not possible" is clearly too strong. Zillions of poker players read 2p2, and OOT is its most popular forum (I think). I put the odds that he eventually reads this thread at 15%.

[ QUOTE ]

4) It's either make a run at her at full speed or move on. Since moving on wouldn't be much fun for OOT, might as well try and make this interesting.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't argue with this attitude. I suggest showing off a new poker tattoo with a homemade surgical muscle shirt.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I laugh at this every time I read it, quality.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny, but true.

Your ownly hope is to pull off a two pronged attack. I suggest:

1) Tell her about recent dates (real or fictional) in nonthreatening ways. Say just enough so that she knows you're fun and single and dating. Sometimes mention a negative about it so she knows you're not hung up on some other girl. But don't make yourself out to be a negative girl-bashing sleeze.

2) Ask her out, and make sure she knows it is a date. Nothing dumb like a dinner. Something like "do you want to come to this party with me?" Or "I have an extra ticket to this show, do you want to go with me?"
Old 06-25-2006, 11:31 PM

fyi if you find out his name and post it here its 100% guaranteed someone will track him down and link this thread in chat

if you didn't realize that
Old 06-25-2006, 11:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
fyi if you find out his name and post it here its 100% guaranteed someone will track him down and link this thread in chat

if you didn't realize that

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you gotta ruin our fun? This was going to be awesome.
Old 06-25-2006, 11:49 PM

I'm not a n00b, I know that he will be directed here within 10 seconds of me posting his SN. Damn, I know my post count is semi-low, but give me some credit. We just have to find a way to make it so that when/if I post his SN here, it'll be worth it.
Old 06-25-2006, 11:49 PM

because im a miserable excuse for a human being