Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2006, 10:49 AM

Default KK live hand. big flop donkbet. Deepstacked

I am 8 hours into a session at Foxwoods 1/2 NL (100 max buy-in). I have built my stack up to about ~350. I can only imagine that my table image is fairly TAG to anyone paying attention. I was way lost in this hand. Since it was live I had to write it myself, sorry if it is confusing.

Reads:
UTG+1 is a thinking LAG. He likes to open a lot of pots, but is competent postflop. He has built a big stack attacking people who thought he was bluffing. I would estimate 30/20/2.5. I also think he respects my game.

UTG+2 is the best at the table. He is another LAG, but is very good postflop. He takes a lot of flops, and I wanted him out of the hand.

UTG+3 is a loose donkey. He calls almost any preflop bet and takes it to the felt with any piece. He has hit like 6 draws in the past hour and has a monster stack.

Hand.

Hero is MP1 with K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Hero has ~350 and all three of the above players cover.

PREFLOP:
1 fold. <font color="red"> UTG+1 raises to $12 </font> UTG+2 calls, UTG+3 calls, <font color="red"> Hero raises to $50, </font> 6 folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, UTG+3 folds.

FLOP: <font color="blue"> 2 players </font> <font color="red"> (~$125) </font> Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="red"> UTG+1 bets $100 </font>, hero ???

ugh.
Your thoughts?
Old 06-25-2006, 11:08 AM

Default Re: KK live hand. big flop donkbet. Deepstacked

I'm really folding this.

He donks into a big drawing board. He prolly knows u have QQ+, so he doesn't seems afraid at all about a shove from u.
Old 06-25-2006, 11:16 AM

If your read is right, and he is competent postflop I could find a fold here maybe but I would hate it.

Do you know what is raising/calling range would be? If KJs is in there then its an easy fold. If that would be too loose for him than maybe not.

Maybe a overbet AQ?

I too am kind of confused by it.
Old 06-25-2006, 11:39 AM

I think his bet looks like he is weak - would he really bet out potsized with a monster here giving Hero the chance to fold?
This bet smells - he can be almost sure, hero would bet this flop - so why not going for a CR AI from UTG+1?
Such bets into a PF-Reraise can really throw you off sometimes, but i often even like to do this with weaker holding if i think there is a fair chance i can get Hero to fold.
If the board wouldnt be so scary i would put to the test - but on this specific board for me it would be really close between fold and raise...
Old 06-25-2006, 11:47 AM

He knows what you have and dosen't care, fold.
Old 06-25-2006, 11:48 AM

I push. Folding seems like an extremely weak move, and a checkraise all-in seems a more likely line for villain if we are beat.