Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2006, 09:45 AM

Default $3 Turbo Sit and Go Pokerstars technique?

What is the best way to play the $3 Turbo Sit and Gos on Pokerstars. Im currently placing in most but have been sure how to play the bubble. I've played around with icm calculations etc. but due to the calling ranges of players in these games i think they are unwise. If there any of you out there who regularly play these at a proffit, how do you play these?

thanks
Old 06-25-2006, 10:39 AM

Default Re: $3 Turbo Sit and Go Pokerstars technique?

ITM you need to push--a lot. I don't play the 3's, but assuming the structure is the same as the other turbos on Stars, the blinds are huge by the time you're 3-4 handed. There's probably hardly any room for post-flop play at all. Your opponents are probably calling with wider ranges than in higher buy-in tourneys, so maybe you should push a bit less, but the chance to pick up the blinds is so big that you have to chance it. Give your opponents very wide call ranges to do your ICM's, and go from there.
Old 06-25-2006, 10:42 AM

A quick question... do you not play the 6s because of bankroll issues? If so, that's fine, stick with the 3s for a while. Otherwise, the 6 turbos on PS are just as easy to beat.

Study ICM/SNG-PT and you should dominate on the bubble. Like WordWhiz said, give them wider ranges.
Old 06-25-2006, 10:44 AM

thanks wordwhiz. i did a few calculations and the avg blinds at 4 players left is 200/400 for these. i will play around with icm some more as you said with wider calling ranges and look for where i should be pushing etc.
Old 06-25-2006, 10:48 AM

"SNG-PT" - whats that? I play 4 $3's at a time and my bankroll is currently $116. I feel my confidence and edge is so high in the $3's that it would be unwise to move up (the 3$'s are 10 players too. which i like). Generally i play these as sattalites into sattalites!= mainly the 16$ shootouts (1st price gets 16$ for $3's)
Old 06-25-2006, 10:50 AM

With that bankroll, sticking with the 3s is fine for now. And with that bankroll, don't worry about SNG-PT for now, it costs $79 to register.
Old 06-25-2006, 10:55 AM

what bankroll do you suggest for 6$?
Old 06-25-2006, 11:04 AM

If you're decent $200 should be plenty for the 6's, I'd probably move up closer to 150 as I assume they're very easy, but it depends on whatever kind of swings youll be comfortable with. If you cant redeposit, plenty of people have worked their way up from less than you have now, so grind the 3s, but realize that the 6s and 16s are very easy also; I'd be trying to get to them as fast as possible.

As far as bubble and pushing, you probably have to ease up a lot, I'd expect the loose calling ranges will help you a lot as other people bust each other, and your often low fold equiy combined with your equity from letting people go to war with each other should make pushing requirements noticeably higher than at a 16+.