Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2006, 06:50 PM

Default Re: Ed Miller/Gary Carson debate

Your post bums me out. Cheer up, kiddo. At least you don't live in a state where it's a felony to gamble on a computer. You could always move back to Seattle and take a job at Microsoft debugging RC1 source code. Now that's good times with a college degree! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I would expect you to be feeling somewhat good with all of the fun attention on Queer Eye, recent book release, and all. I'm the only one that's supposed to be having his least fun poker month so far..How dare you take that away from me!

I barely can get myself to play this month. Running bad + playing (at the very least slightly) bad + legislation = me no wanna play. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Edit: I don't mean anything in posts like this. I guess I'm a turd. I figure that people don't care what I have to say since I'm a random person on an internet message board..nor should they care unless it's actually something attempting to be constructive.
Old 06-24-2006, 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you guys really want to debate....

[/ QUOTE ]

I seriously doubt this will go anywhere, but what exactly is the debate supposed to be over? Personal issues? (Who said what about who?) Professional? (Who gets credit for what concepts that went into a book?) Technical? (Who is right and who is wrong about the FTOP?)

Even if a debate took place, live radio doesn't seem like a good venue. It would be better to allow more time for thoughtful replies. But even then, a debate would likely resolve nothing because the issues are so emotionally charged.

It might have entertainment value for the bloodthirsty amoung us, but I don't see the participants benefiting much. I've listened to your show, and I can see where it could use a little spicing up, but this doesn't seem like a good idea.
Old 06-24-2006, 07:15 PM

I actually think a REAL debate over whatever they're disagreeing about would be pretty silly.

But I am curious what is going on here because I just haven't kept up with this.

Cliff-notes versions about what's been said about whom in this forum and on RGP would be appreciated. But if I don't get even something like that I'm pretty sure my life will not be the poorer for it.
Old 06-24-2006, 07:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wow.. they're talking about me a lot today on RGP.

Lately I've been bummed about poker in general, and it's because of how negative things are getting. The comments at the table are getting more vicious and personal, IMO. Everyone's a "donkey" these days... everyone's got a chip on their shoulder.

Lawmakers are trying to criminalize poker in multiple venues. That gets me down.

I've never posted on RGP in my life, and apparently they gotta blast me in multiple threads today. I guess.

Everyone's busto. Let's talk smack about people. OOT's full of snarky BS... Sure, it's clever one-liners and stuff, but just because people laugh at it doesn't mean it's not still really negative.

I'm not saying I'm an angel or anything... particularly a couple of years ago (and still to some extent now), I used to flame and disrespect with the best of them. Well, with the mediocre of them at least. That sucks.

I can't undo my past, but I apologize today to anyone I was negative to. I've really tried my best the last year or two to be positive when I can and to keep my yap shut when I can't be positive.

I feel like I've matured in the last couple of years... and in that maturing process, I've lost some of the love I used to feel for poker. Reading 2+2 kinda makes me sad sometimes. I dunno...

It's late and I'm tired, and I'm sure this will look sappy in the morning. But I think there's way too much hate in poker these days. I think that sucks. I hope people agree with me and try to make poker a little more positive in general.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, those queers sure messed you up bad. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm giving Ed the benefit of the doubt by assuming that was Elaine posting under his name.
Old 06-24-2006, 09:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I actually think a REAL debate over whatever they're disagreeing about would be pretty silly.

But I am curious what is going on here because I just haven't kept up with this.

Cliff-notes versions about what's been said about whom in this forum and on RGP would be appreciated. But if I don't get even something like that I'm pretty sure my life will not be the poorer for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is a one sided disagreement. I don't think Gary Carson is on Ed's radar.
Old 06-24-2006, 10:08 PM

Clearly, the debate should be about who has the best home interior design...or something about poker, I guess.
Old 06-24-2006, 10:29 PM

Lou,

I have no idea where this debate stuff came from, but please let it end now. Not interested.

EDIT: Just to make it crystal clear... this debate thing was 100% someone else's idea. I don't know whose it was, I don't know where it came from, but I've never been interested in doing this sort of thing with Gary or anyone else.

I write books and articles, and I'll answer questions about them on this forum. I don't do debates, heads-up freezeouts, or any other poker-related pissing matches. So don't ask.
Old 06-24-2006, 10:29 PM

The only professional reference of Gary Carson by Ed Miller was in SSHE where a couple footnotes are added to take a look at certain sections of Carson's book for further discussion on a topic. How could there be any basis of a riff or debate because of this?

This issue is incredibly stupid and not poker related. It is the equivalent of tabloid fodder.
Old 06-25-2006, 05:25 AM

Lou,

I thought you were above spamming. If you read the thread (which you did), it would be painfully obvious where Ed stands.

Keep Flopping Aces [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-26-2006, 10:03 AM

I didn't mean to offend you, Ed, and I'm sorry if I did. All I intended was provide a neutral forum for what would have been an informational exchange and learning opportunity for anyone interested in observing. And that's all.