Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2006, 09:11 AM

Default Re: New Borgata Room AC

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So psyched for this [censored] to open. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You can say that again, I just called and booked some rooms last night for next weekend, cant wait cant wait cant wait cant wait if they spread a mid limit o8 game im going to do a backflip.

[/ QUOTE ]
put me on the list of interest please. would love to see a mixed game. wish i could be there for the opening but will be in vegas for some of the wsop. almost would rather be at the summer open [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 06-25-2006, 04:26 PM

The borgata will rarely have any waitlist when the room is open...I think the bigger fear is that sometimes during the week it will look empty even when the old room would have been packed...
Old 06-25-2006, 07:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The borgata will rarely have any waitlist when the room is open

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this is necessarily true on busy weekends. The Taj room has about 80 tables, and I have had to wait to sit in games a long time.
Old 06-25-2006, 10:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The borgata will rarely have any waitlist when the room is open

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this is necessarily true on busy weekends. The Taj room has about 80 tables, and I have had to wait to sit in games a long time.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is definitely possible there will be long lists especially the first couple weeks but they are adding 50 tables to AC's capacity so I doubt you'll be waiting at the Taj or Borgata much at all the rest of the summer.

I'll be pimping the 20 O8B / 10 HOE Friday - Sunday night if anyone is intereted, let me know.
Old 06-26-2006, 12:56 AM

Jeff
You should be even more psyched about new room since Brogata now going full steam after stud players. This weekend there were 2 (!) 400-800 stud games going on and they also tried to spread 30-60. From what i heard new room will have 86 tables (19 of them in high limit area) with auto shufflers and new points tracking system.
Old 06-26-2006, 01:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Jeff
You should be even more psyched about new room since Brogata now going full steam after stud players. This weekend there were 2 (!) 400-800 stud games going on and they also tried to spread 30-60. From what i heard new room will have 86 tables (19 of them in high limit area) with auto shufflers and new points tracking system.

[/ QUOTE ]
there was 500-1000 stud game going for a while tonight
Old 06-26-2006, 06:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll be pimping the 20 O8B / 10 HOE Friday - Sunday night if anyone is intereted, let me know.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im now staying through Monday so I'll almost definitely get into this game with you at some point.
Old 06-26-2006, 07:00 AM

It will be interesting to see if Borg gets Taj's 75 stud games - the new room was all anyone was talking about when I played at Taj this weekend. That said, many of the stud players are pretty loyal to Taj so it will be interesting to see if they totally switch over to Borg or just spend one weekend down there.

Jeff
Old 06-26-2006, 07:02 AM

This game (usually played 400-800 but sometimes kicked up) used to be a Taj fixture until Borg pulled out all the stops to get it over there. It will be interesting to see if it stays there - pretty much depends on what the couple producers in the game decide.

Jeff
Old 06-26-2006, 03:47 PM

My "common sense" has me going back to Taj, when I go to A.C.

[ QUOTE ]
The room currently has around 40 tables, so they are doubling the size. The new room appears to be in a much more visible location, so I'd expect more walk-in customers. Nevertheless, common sense will tell you that once the room is fully operational, waits will be reduced. Common sense will also tell you that there may be some early logistical problems which will have to be worked out.

[/ QUOTE ]