Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2006, 02:05 AM

Default AK hand deep in 40k garuntee on Party

About 200 left in a turny with 2000+ runners, I'm chip leader at table with around 85k. I believe blinds were 1000/2000. Small stack with about 33k pushes all in from middle position. Player to his left thinks for along time and says tough desicion. This leads me to believe he has a weak Ace or pocket pair below 10s. He folds and so does everyone else to me on the button. I'm holding AK spades. I thought my only options were fold or reraise all in. Whats the proper play given these stack sizes? Also, should my desicion be altered given my earlier read that an ace may all ready be out of the deck or is that just foolish? Thoughts and explanations behind move please. Results later...
Old 06-24-2006, 02:52 AM

Default Re: AK hand deep in 40k garuntee on Party

I would just push.
Old 06-24-2006, 03:08 AM

Default Re: AK hand deep in 40k garuntee on Party

Push seems to be the best play here. However, if he does flip over QQ and you lose the coin flip, you are still well off in the tourney. Bottom line, you need to accummulate chips when there are 200 people left and AKs is a strong hand. It's hard to put him on AA or KK, becuase you have his outs, so I'd put him on a AQ,AJ,or QQ - 55. Eaither way you have outs and pushing prevents other from entering the pot.

As for the statement that you caught the other player saying, you really just have to shrug it off as nothing. He could have had a small pocket pair or just a read on the all in player of some sort. Bottom line, it's too hard to put him on one of your outs!