Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2006, 02:53 PM

Default Messy isolation hand, live 15/30

Live 15/30
MP is a newb donk
Sb has been extremely tight overall but the only hands he’s played have been pretty donkish. Didn’t play a hand for 3 orbits then open limped J7o in the CO. Earlier, raised 44 and bet all streets UI vs. a loose player. So, not totally sure what his deal is.
Bb is loose.
I’ve been running really hot and haven’t done anything too tricky, just getting hands and getting paid off like crazy

MP limps and I raise KTo in the CO.
--Is this too thin given that at least one of the blinds is likely to come along?
Both blinds call.

Flop (8sb): Q T 9.

I bet and get c/r’d by sb, folded to me and I call

Turn (6bb) is a blank and sb bets.
--I’m not really sure what to put him on here but I’m not really liking my pair of tens. I quickly guesstimated ~6 outs, getting 7-1, seems like a call.

River (8bb) is another blank, sb bets again.
Old 06-23-2006, 02:57 PM

Default Re: Messy isolation hand, live 15/30

hmmm.. how about a 3bet on the flop. especially if he'll play weakly with a queen there..
Old 06-23-2006, 03:09 PM

This may be a leak in my game... but against "weird" players like the one you describe... I ALWAYS jam or fold. Rarely against a "weird" player do I just call down. I reserve that play for other types of players.

I either want Mr. Strange here to be scared to play against me... or feel like he is so smart that I will fold to their CR tricks (in which case you punish them when you have premium holdings).
Old 06-23-2006, 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Rarely against a "weird" player do I just call down.

[/ QUOTE ]

why the eff not?
Old 06-24-2006, 02:08 AM

PRE FLOP I LIKE
I THINK I LIKE A TURN RAISE HERE WILL SLOW HIM DOWN UNLESS HE HAS SET OR STRAIGHT
Old 06-24-2006, 03:02 AM

i think the problem with raising the turn here is that if we get 3 bet, then we still have to call with the gutshot and then have to fold the river UI.

maybe his got AK or a Jack, both hands which missed. Or maybe his got the Q or 2 pair. I might be temptated to look him up...
Old 06-24-2006, 03:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
hmmm.. how about a 3bet on the flop. especially if he'll play weakly with a queen there..

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that for a free card??
Old 06-24-2006, 04:46 AM

Does anybody like checking the flop here? seems like this is a pretty bad flop. Call the turn and the re evalute on the river?

I know this isnt standard but trying to look at other avenues.
Old 06-24-2006, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

mostly value, but possible free card depending on turn, more likely i'd bet the turn and take a free showdown UI.
Old 06-25-2006, 03:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

mostly value, but possible free card depending on turn, more likely i'd bet the turn and take a free showdown UI.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm not so sure this can be interpreted as a value 3-bet, as my thinking is that he is pretty strong. i think that so far, he has been a pretty non-tricky player from the description, and when someone plays pretty tight/weak, and they make a big hand, the first thing they think about is "get more money in how? check raise!"

your only out here is the gutshot i would think most of the time especially how he continues to fire on all streets.

also, this isnt a bad spot to just limip in here in your position either. K-10 isnt that strong of a hand, where you figure you must raise to create max value. K-10 is one of those hands that you find yourself drawing to straights and/or flushes (if suited). it has some high card value but not as much as you would think. but reguardless, raising is never really a bad thing.

in your spot here i check/fold the river even though the pot size is pretty good.. i just dont see what you can beat here besides a busted straight draw.