Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-2006, 06:55 AM

Default Re: Check/Raised on Turn

I think you have no idea what vil c/r the turn with--you must call down to see. Turn c/r often mean monster hands. For this reason TAGs often use turn c/r against other TAGs to get them to fold weak on non-made hands. I think that since you are not aware whether or not this player is capable of this, you should call down. If you think this is what he is doing, you can always 3-bet the turn (otherwise known as spew), pray he either folds or just call it and then checks the river so you can play the ultimate weak move of checking it through for the most expensive "free" showdown you will find on internet poker. Ahhhh, at least vil will know for sure you can 3-bet a turn with KJo HU on a 2J8r board. If he caps the turn, curse and swear and smash your keyboard repeatedly against you desk top and throw your mouse into the wall. This is usually my line. BTW, I think vil is a total wus for not 3-betting his AJo PF(at least this is what he would have if I were playing him).
Old 01-16-2006, 03:19 PM

Default Re: Check/Raised on Turn

Interesting hand. With no other information, I call it down. Generally this turn c/r means one of 3 things:

1) I've got you crushed!
2) I've just picked up my flushdraw and am pulling a classic semibluff
3) I've got nada but think you'll fold like a wuss since I saw you do that a few hands back.

On balance, I think the calldown is best option with this pot and this situation.