Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2006, 11:15 PM

Default Re: Where for seafood and strippers in Beantown?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Last time I was there we took a coworker who was leaving the firm to a place called the Naked Eye. That was 1983 so take it fwiw.

[/ QUOTE ]

First strip club I ever snuck into, was also mid-80's. The old lady on stage needed to shave her legs. No joke.

The Combat Zone is now called Chinatown. The strip clubs now have dead ducks hanging in the window.

[/ QUOTE ]

Chinatown was always directly next to the combat Zone. Redevelopment with the properties being so valuable has decimated the combat zone but I think there may be a strip club or 2 left.
Old 06-22-2006, 11:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Last time I was there we took a coworker who was leaving the firm to a place called the Naked Eye. That was 1983 so take it fwiw.

[/ QUOTE ]

First strip club I ever snuck into, was also mid-80's. The old lady on stage needed to shave her legs. No joke.

The Combat Zone is now called Chinatown. The strip clubs now have dead ducks hanging in the window.

[/ QUOTE ]

Chinatown was always directly next to the combat Zone. Redevelopment with the properties being so valuable has decimated the combat zone but I think there may be a strip club or 2 left.

[/ QUOTE ]

Centerfolds is a favorite, I hear.
Old 06-22-2006, 11:46 PM

Centerfolds or the Glass Slipper are basically your only options. Both are in Chinatown, and neither is anything special.

As for sea food, it depends on what you want. For fresh fish, go to the North End and throw a rock, as someone has pointed it. If you want to do it up, go the Great Bay, which currently is probably the best sea food place in Boston, and charges you as such. It's right in Kenmore Square, and entrees run around $25-30 or so. Start with the tuna rolls, get the daily special for an entree, and the butterscotch pudding for dessert- it sounds silly, but it's divine.
Old 06-23-2006, 12:26 AM

If you have an extra night, by all means go to the North End and hit practically any Italian joint. Some of the best Italian food anywhere in the country. We did very well at Lucia on Hanover St., then on your way back to Haymarket Station, stop by Mike's Pastry to bring back an incredible box of goodies.

Lucia
Mike's Pastry
Old 06-23-2006, 01:49 AM

I live in Boston, chinatown specifically about 2 blocks from the strip clubs. The as mentioned before are centerfolds and the glass slipper. I haven't been to centerfolds (20$ cover) but there's always a line when i walk by on friday and saturday nights and i've heard good things about their lunch time buffet, in addition to hot girls. Glass slipper on the other hand is no cover charge and crack whores with track marks, stretch marks, skid marks and babies popping out. it's really pretty gross. oh and you'll pay 9$ for a beer there.

as far as seafood goes, legal is definitely good and moderately priced. i'd recomend jasper white's summer shack over legal seafood though. critically acclaimed and what not. around the same price (maybe cheaper?) and a much more casual atmosphere. there's one off of boylston by the heinz convention center.
Old 06-23-2006, 01:52 AM

I thought you wanted a seafood strip joint.

"Lobsters & Lapdances"
Old 06-23-2006, 01:57 AM

Skip the strippers. Boston just ain't great for that kind of thing.

I'm so mad I left Boston BEFORE I fell in love with seafood. Gotta move back.

And Mon is right, you pretty much are required to get Italian if you're going to be visiting Boston. Cool atmosphere in that neighborhood, too.