View Poll Results: Your move?
Push 9 39.13%
Raise less than AI (specify) 13 56.52%
Limp 1 4.35%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-22-2006, 10:57 PM

Default Re: Belgariad game thread

[ QUOTE ]
However, these games are played to win, and I believe this is the right decision for me to win. So Im sticking with my vote. WDC and IY said that even if they WERE Errand they would not switch over to the bad guys team. IMO, that is not how the rules are spelled out. Errand IS a BAD GUY, and should be played like a bad guy. Sure, this situation is different because I started out a good guy (in my head), but the role i believe i have is one of a bad guy, so I must play it that way. Not doing so would be akin to a wolf just deciding to abandon his wolf teammates in the middle of the game and just become a villager. This decision is final.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't confuse WDC and IY SAYING they wouldn't change votes if they were Errand with that being what they'd actually do. As someone who thought they were a villager I'd SAY that even if I were told I were Errand I wouldn't change my vote - purely to dissuade anyone else who happened to be Errand from changing. But if I became convinced I was Errand I'd vote with the badguys. Stating a course of action you'd take isn't necessary representative of what you'll actually do - sometimes it's said just for the effect it can potentially have on other people.
Old 06-22-2006, 10:58 PM

Default Re: Belgariad game thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
However, these games are played to win, and I believe this is the right decision for me to win. So Im sticking with my vote. WDC and IY said that even if they WERE Errand they would not switch over to the bad guys team. IMO, that is not how the rules are spelled out. Errand IS a BAD GUY, and should be played like a bad guy. Sure, this situation is different because I started out a good guy (in my head), but the role i believe i have is one of a bad guy, so I must play it that way. Not doing so would be akin to a wolf just deciding to abandon his wolf teammates in the middle of the game and just become a villager. This decision is final.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't confuse WDC and IY SAYING they wouldn't change votes if they were Errand with that being what they'd actually do. As someone who thought they were a villager I'd SAY that even if I were told I were Errand I wouldn't change my vote - purely to dissuade anyone else who happened to be Errand from changing. But if I became convinced I was Errand I'd vote with the badguys. Stating a course of action you'd take isn't necessary representative of what you'll actually do - sometimes it's said just for the effect it can potentially have on other people.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not going to lie. If I was Mdoran, I'd be torn.