Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2006, 03:18 AM

Default Re: PokerStars new Beta software

I may be the last on this bandwaggon but the Stars Beta is teh sex. It amazing how much better you feel multi-tabling with no overlap, and none of that mini-view, hard to follow position BS. I want to give Lee Jones a hug.
Old 06-22-2006, 11:43 AM

I don't like it. The table resizing is kinda nice (not useful for me personally) but the beta is worse than the original for me because after you turn the images off, there's still a huge ass yellow circle where I want to put PAHUD stats (so what is the use of turning off images now?) At least with the original that huge circle turned into a less huge square.

Hopefully I'll be able to mod out enough images files to get rid of it. Haven't tried yet.

Also what has always bothered me about pokerstars is that those yellow circles or blue squares never go away, even when the player goes away so you always have to pay close attention (more than should have to be paid while multitabling) to how many players are at a table, which players have gotten up, etc. If I'm looking at a table I want to sit at I can't just glance to see how many players are there, I have to look at each seat individually and see if it says "seat open" or "call" or whatever. I don't usually stay at tables when they get down to 4 players or less because the hands move too fast for me to be able to comfortably 4-table (I play 6max). But at Stars, unlike the other sites I play at, I have to constantly be counting players in order to avoid that and it really gets on my nerves after a while. It's a minor detail, but noticeable.

I assume the focus stealing has been fixed (haven't personally played yet) which is what I cared the most about. So thanks for that.

Edit: okay, found the themes to get rid of the yellow circles and back to the blue squares. Guess I'll just have to wait for someone more tech-savvy than me to make a .bat file so I can make a mod. The themes on the client aren't any better than the original theme.
Old 06-22-2006, 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not sure if I should be posting this here, or emailing this to support, but I made a custom background (all black), and now the instant hand history info is impossible to see. (The black text blends in with the black background)

Allowing to change the font color of the hand history info, or using highlighting the way nicknames are displayed would be a good addition.

[/ QUOTE ]This was my solution on the old client:

I only made it that way for the 6 million hand promotion (otherwise you can just click in that general area without being about to see the numbers).

If they made it something other than black I'd be afraid I wouldn't be able to hide the hand histories.

The gravel-looking bar underneath is to hide my stack size btw (that text is not black, and I really do need to hide those numbers not just for the way it looks).

I could probably mess around with the images and the .bat file enough to get rid of those blue boxes like I want on the old client, but I don't know enough about this stuff to do it on the new client (I can't even make the table black). I can edit the .bat file, but have no idea how to make a new one or make it work.
Old 06-22-2006, 12:53 PM

Default Re: PokerStars new Beta software - Bug

Howdy - happy to see the new software. I love being able to set my own table size. However, on the very first hand I played, this happened:

hand 5330370373 - I'm dealt Ace-nine and check, when the action gets back to the big blind my cards disappear. After the flop, I am prompted for a call/raise/fold - but have no cards, so I fold.

The next hand, 5330370143, I am in the blind and get no cards - same on the next hand.

I play bad enough AFTER seeing my cards, I probably can't win without seeing them. Back to the old format until this but is fixed.

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 06-22-2006, 01:00 PM

Location: tell them ill be here when they come 4 me, me and every single n1gga dat got love 4 me, see i got money on my mind, but the haters wont leave me alone, so im ridin everyday wit every pistol dat i own

yea that seems to be happening, disappering cards.

a solution for it is to just resize ur tables slightly when it happens and it will come back but still pretty annoying
Old 06-22-2006, 05:13 PM

for all those having problems with stars stealing focus within itself, table to table. Go into Options -- Advanced Multitable options and uncheck the POP UP TABLE WHEnever action is required BOX.
Old 06-22-2006, 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yea that seems to be happening, disappering cards.

a solution for it is to just resize ur tables slightly when it happens and it will come back but still pretty annoying

[/ QUOTE ]
I played for 5 hours straight today and this didn't happen once with resized tables.
Old 06-22-2006, 07:53 PM

Greetings 2+2!

I just wanted to let you all know that beta version 1.903 has just been released which corrects the problem of not being able to see your hole cards that many have reported.

You have all been a big help to us with by reporting bugs that you find with the beta software. Please keep the feedback coming. You can write to us at beta@pokerstars.com or post in this thread.

Thanks!
Mike Jones
PokerStars Poker Room Management Team
Old 06-22-2006, 09:54 PM

I have played on the new software for several hours and have not have any problems, however I do have one complaint with the themes.

I appreciate that you added block images when using an alternate theme, but it still looks cluttered. Disabling images should leave just name boxes around a table, not name boxes and a bunch of blocked out circles around a table. I have tinkered with creating a new background for the "no images" theme, but it would be a lot easier if you would simply remove the circles entirely when you disable images. Either that or just create some more preset "no images" color schemes - perhaps a HyperSimple/No Images hybrid?
Thanks - Love the site.
Old 06-23-2006, 12:38 AM

I'm not sure if feature suggestions are welcome here but friggin' chat flooders suck.

How about a flood filter on chat? It's annoying when someone wants a King or a Jack to come and they:

JK
KJJK
JK
KJ
K
J
KJ
jk
jk
kj
KJ
K
J
KJ
JK
KJ
JK
J
K

... all within the space of 5 seconds. My ideal world wouldn't hamper normal conversation using rapid fire lines but would get these tools to stfu. Say, no restriction on three lines and then you have to wait X number of seconds to type another line?

Those guys make me want to turn off chat. One guy at a SnG was doing it tonight and it reminded me how annoying it was.