Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2006, 06:07 PM

Default Re: Time for a semi-bluff?

[ QUOTE ]
We're likely only good when that [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] falls.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
we're only winning when our nut flush draw comes in

[/ QUOTE ]

um J4 and 43 are pretty unlikely, so a 4 is almost always good, and the A is good most of the time

14outs is even money HU, and you have position so you should have the edge, especially if you can get the "rockish" player to overestimate your hand and make a bad fold

if someone coldcalls thats perfectly fine as well, I think raising is the best play here

[ QUOTE ]
Ampelmann: Hmmm...I have the nut flush draw, 2nd pair and an overcard in a four-handed pot and it was checked to a bettor on my immediate right. I think I'll raise...

Ignignokt: (Throws magazine to the side, and bourbon flies everywhere as he leaps in slow motion towards the computer) NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

(Ignignokt is too late, as Ampelmann clicks Raise, the blinds fold and UTG+1 calls. The turn is the Q, after which UTG+1 checks, Ampelmann bets and UTG+1 folds.)

Ampelmann: D'oh.

(Ignignokt slaps his forehead, then Ampelmann's.)

...and scene.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-21-2006, 06:09 PM

nice. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-21-2006, 06:09 PM

raise it up not only for free card possibilities but for value. 16 outs??? SICKENING

edit: misread, thought we had a straight draw. yeah raise it anyway for the same reasons only make the "16" a "14."
Old 06-21-2006, 06:12 PM

I'd raise in a limit game and probably just call in a NL game. The reason why is because I don't want to lose a lower [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] draw in a NL game because that is the hand I can really break if the right card comes. You don't have to worry about a flush draw folding in LHE so raise it up. Plus a raise should give up better implied odds should someone make a flush or a straight.
Old 06-21-2006, 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The reason why is because I don't want to lose a lower draw in a NL game because that is the hand I can really break if the right card comes.

[/ QUOTE ]

same with a 4, if the guy can't fold a J(many SSNL players can't fold TP ever)

I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] NL
Old 06-21-2006, 06:25 PM

*gnch*

I would go for the overcalls and see what the turn brings. You're getting great odds for the flush draw - why chase people away?

jessie
Old 06-21-2006, 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Only a few hands at the table, no real reads, but the table as a whole seems a bit rockish. This was the first hand with 5 players to the flop.

Ultimate Bet 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero ?

[/ QUOTE ]

In these spots I usually call. However I don't believe it to be a big mistake to raise.
Old 06-21-2006, 09:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ampelmann: Hmmm...I have the nut flush draw, 2nd pair and an overcard in a four-handed pot

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand why some of the more aggressive fellas might raise, but I go for more cash money about 100% of the time here. Big hand-big pot, small hand-small pot, and all that jazz.

If someone has worked out how the raise is more profitable, it would be great to see.
Old 06-21-2006, 09:57 PM

**grunch**

maybe if the pot was bigger ... does this play have much value with a 5sb pot? ...

Without hitting an out I doubt you're winning here; a raise will only knock out players who will have payed you-off with worse hands, when you hit
Old 06-22-2006, 03:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Allow me to say this in the form of a dramatic scene:

(Scene: Ampelmann's computer room. Ignignokt is in the corner reading an issue of Q and drinking Ampelmann's bourbon. Ampelmann is playing some poker on UB.)

Ampelmann: Hmmm...I have the nut flush draw in a four-handed pot and it was checked to a bettor on my immediate right. I think I'll raise...

Ignignokt: (Throws magazine to the side, and bourbon flies everywhere as he leaps in slow motion towards the computer) NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

(Ignignokt is too late, as Ampelmann clicks Raise, the blinds fold and UTG+1 calls. The turn is the Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], after which UTG+1 checks, Ampelmann bets and UTG+1 folds.)

Ampelmann: D'oh.

(Ignignokt slaps his forehead, then Ampelmann's.)

...and scene.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Well, I raised it up, everyone folded to UTG+1 who called. The turn was an A, UTG+1 bet and I raised again. The river was a blank, UTG+1 c/ced and showed KK. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]