Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-2006, 03:21 AM

Default Re: New Bodog software beta

This update is terrible. I won't ever play on Bodog again unless they go back to their old software, or change this significantly. Why did they change it to begin with. It was fine the way it was.
Old 01-20-2006, 11:59 AM

I loaded up Bodog and was instantly 'up'graded. Yuck Yuck Yuck. It truly is horrible. The cards are tiny, the tables are a funny shape, the windows are all over the place and you have this silly tabbified interface which nobody who plays the game would want.
Old 01-20-2006, 02:02 PM

please tell me you play higher stakes than nickel/dime...
Old 01-20-2006, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This just goes to restate, UB has the best table setup software of all the sites.

[/ QUOTE ]

BINGO!

Old Bodog wasn't even close
Old 01-21-2006, 12:44 PM

UPDATE: Our Voices Have Been Heard!

I just got off the phone with Bodog Customer Service and it appears that, "over the next month or so," the current bugs will be fixed and new changes will be added that will allow the new Bodog interface to actually become PLAYABLE. The changes are listed below.

1. You will be able to open multiple tables without having to tab between tables or use the "picture in picture" function. You will be able to open up to three full-sized tables at a time, just like you used to be able to. This is a good change because playing more than one table on this site is next to impossible with the way things are now.

2. You will be able to change the color of your table. The "blood red" will still be an option, but you'll also be able to pick between "poker green" and a "light blue" color. This is a good thing because their "blood red" color was not easy on the eyes, and it even made my stomach a little queezy looking at it for more than thirty minutes.

3. They may change the size of the cards in the future. Right now their cards are very small, and they're located within a box, with avatars twice their size sitting next to them. When I tried out the new interface I played a few hands thinking I was heads-up when there were actually other people in the hands. After screwing up like this a few times, I found myself looking at every player's position on the table to determine who was in the hand and who wasn't. It was annoying. This change is a good one.

So...It looks like our voices have been heard. All of those e-mails, all of those phone calls, and more importantly, all of us taking our rake elsewhere really did the job.
Old 04-08-2006, 07:43 PM

I remember voicing my hate for their old UI many, many months ago. They noted that they would make an industry leading update in the fall. I guess they didn't follow through. I simply don't understand why these sites don't just clone the UB UI. It worked for MS.