Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2006, 11:58 PM

Default Re: Using Suits to randomize your play - Omaha

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm sorry, but I think using suits to randomize your play is kinda stupid. You should be changing it up for a reason, not just for the hell of it.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is wrong. Against observant opponents your play should always have some random element to it, and using external sources is a good way to prevent players from picking up a pattern on you. Dan Harrington discusses this in "Harrington on Hold'Em", where he uses the second hand on his watch to determine if he is going to raise or just call PF. Using card suits can be just as good, so long as you pick the holding carefully so your ratio of potential actions is appropriate (Mostly raise, but sometimes call with strong holdings: Mostly call, but sometime raise not so-strong holdings). I think that would be pretty difficult in Omaha, though, because of the wide range of starting hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying it's stupid to randomize your play...I just think it's stupid to use your suit to decide it for you. I might limp w/ AA, w/ a LAG player behind me hoping he raises...not cause my Ace was a spade. I might raise big w/ AA from an EP with a LAG image, hoping a player thinks I'm stealing...not because my Ace was a heart. It's not like you get the same hand in the same position so many times that you have to use an external object to randomize your play. If you want to randomize so bad...just play your hand blind!