Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2006, 06:42 PM

Default Re: what\'s the best thing I can say to a cop to avoid a ticket?

I would never admit that I was speeding to the officer. Personally, I say absolutely nothing, then I challenge the ticket later using the methods shown in www.ticketassassin.com.
Old 06-20-2006, 06:43 PM

if you are in san francisco and hes a dude: "my you certainly look hot today. I though police officers only had to carry one big gun in thier pants"

if you are anywhere else, you are screw. if you are a girl, the waterworks might work

a friend once had this idea (different type of waterworks). after being pulled over, piss yourself and make sure the officer sees the wet pants. tell him, i was speeding to get to a bathroom because i really had to go. (oops, i went). might be more effective with poop, but that is really sketch

i once got a reduced fine from a $180 speeding fine to a $110-ish moving violation fine. despite the fact that i speed through a laser speed trap and had a radar dector in my window, i convinced the cops i thought the speed limit was 10 higher than what i was doing, since the road signs had just went from 45 to 35.
Old 06-20-2006, 06:46 PM

Only 3 things work

1) If you have a military ID, hand it over - as far as Ive heard its never failed

2) If you are a woman, suck his dick. This has obvious risks.

3) Be as polite and respectful as humanly possible. My ticket to pulled-over ratio is about 1 to 5, and my DUI officer was even giving me tips on how to get off and was regretful he couldn't just let me go after talking with me for an hour or so.
Old 06-20-2006, 06:58 PM

I've been pulled over twice.

1st time I was home on a pass when being deployed to Kosovo.

2nd time I was on my way to a military duty while driving on the PA Turnpike.

Both times I showed my military ID. Got warnings both times.

I'm also in the process of getting hired as a Police Officer. Alot of these responses were funny, in a way.

My opinion is that it is up to the officer. There is no set rule that says you have to get a ticket, unless it is the Dept. policy.

Also, don't get the idea that they are trying to fill a quota. Quotas are in fact, illegal, and are completely a myth. It is up to the officer with what he wants to do.

I read something about someone saying the officer usually has his mind made up before he approaches the car. That can be true, but that is up to the officer.

There is no rule that gets you out of a ticket. If the cop knows you're lieing, you'll probably get a ticket when he was only going to give you a warning.

I would just say to be honest and cooperative and stay on the officer's good side, but whether you get a ticket or not is based on the officer...like I said about 4 times already.
Old 06-20-2006, 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
$50? Where do you live, South Dakota?

[/ QUOTE ]

Costa Rica actually. My last ticket was for going 102 kph (about 60mph) in a 60 kph (about 35mph) zone. It was for $21.
Old 06-20-2006, 07:22 PM

i've been pulled over 4 times, i've rolled my window down, put my hands on my steering wheel and been polite. I've been ticketed 4 times. That being said the Houston officers that gave me tickets were tools, and one of them that gave me the ticket even said that he didn't even clock me, he just thought I was speeding because the car in front of me was.

Also, while there are no "official" quotas, officers on traffic duty are expected to give tickets or else they are accused of "not doing their job." Quotas are illegal so there aren't official ones, but if a traffic cop doesn't give a certain number of tickets, he's disciplined i'm sure.
Old 06-20-2006, 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
LOL,

Did they nail the guy who did this?

[/ QUOTE ]

He turned himself in after hiding out for about 3 days to get whatever was in his system out of his system and after he took his Jeep Grand Cherokee to the body shop, telling them that he had hit a deer to explain the presence of tissue on the front of the car. They got suspicious when he asked them to fix it quick, money no object and no insurance claim.

I was reminded of this nasty little frat boy when I read ZJ's self-serving little "quest" proposal. Frat Boy and his family actually suggested to the judge that he be allowed to do community service consisting of arranging for a tennis clinic for underprivileged kids to feature a couple of lesser known guys from the pro tennis circuit who were friends of frat boy's little brother, also a lesser known person on the pro tennis circuit. (This is not to equate the seriousness of frat boy's transgression--taking the life of another human being and showing no remorse--with ZJ's little cheating escapade. But the sheer cluelessness and self-centeredness and unwillingness to admit having done anything wrong....) Anyway I made a to-do in the paper and the tv stations chimed in and the DA (Harry Connick sr.) pressed for some kind of punishment. So nasty little frat boy went to Orleans Parish Prison for 6 months which I gather he didn't enjoy. His other punishments (community service, house arrest, fine and reimbursement of family expenses) were later waived by the judge when no one was looking (except me).

[/ QUOTE ]
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but this kid killed a cop and only got 6 months? This doesn't seem possible.
Old 06-20-2006, 07:28 PM

Yes, also, a Lt. I know told me that if I ever get pulled over, make sure to put my hands in the air so the cop can see them. Keep them up until the cop tells you to put them down, he will usually say thanks, or make a comment, then you say:
Ya, a good friend of mine is a Leiutenent and he said to always do that becuase it makes it much easier on you guys. Helps if you actually know a Lt. or someone of rank.
Old 06-20-2006, 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i've been pulled over 4 times, i've rolled my window down, put my hands on my steering wheel and been polite. I've been ticketed 4 times. That being said the Houston officers that gave me tickets were tools, and one of them that gave me the ticket even said that he didn't even clock me, he just thought I was speeding because the car in front of me was.

Also, while there are no "official" quotas, officers on traffic duty are expected to give tickets or else they are accused of "not doing their job." Quotas are illegal so there aren't official ones, but if a traffic cop doesn't give a certain number of tickets, he's disciplined i'm sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like I said, it comes down to what the officer wants to do. You can do anything and everything, but if he wants to write a ticket, he's going to write a ticket.

I know one Chief who was an instructor at my police academy, and he never writes warnings.

Some dept. policies say not to write warnings. Or dept. policy might say to always give tickets for speeding rather than failing to obey traffic signs.

As for the second paragraph, I'm not sure an officer will be disciplined. It really does come down to how he wants to judge a speeding violation while being consistent. Some officers say that have to guess the speed within 3mph, check with the radar gun before they'll pull someone over. Some say they have to be 20mph over.

And for being pulled over and the cop saying he didn't clock your speed, you should have fought that one because he can't do that.
Old 06-20-2006, 07:48 PM

I did fight it, and I did win. However, he didn't admit in court he said that he clocked me with radar(he lied of course, like they ALWAYS do in court). I find it amazing that a cop can lie in court and he's assumed to be telling the truth, I can tell the truth, and i'm assumed to be lying. However, luckily, he mispelled the street name, and the ticket was dismissed on technicality. I made a comment to him as I was leaving because he was such an enormous tool. Probably shouldn't have, but he deserved it.

I fight all my traffic tickets in court because I think they are nothing but revenue generating activities that impact my insurance. If speeding was such a huge violation, cops would ticket off duty officers that they pull over and their friends/family as well, but they don't. Cops will tell you that it's "professional courtesy" not to write another cop a ticket. I did financial statement audits for 4 years, if i caught another accountant committing fraud, i wasn't allowed to look the other way out of "professional courtesy." They shouldn't be allowed to either.