Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2006, 02:39 PM

Default PLO in tunica...

What stakes are usually spread and where? I might be there this weekend and am looking for PLO games.

Ricky
Old 06-19-2006, 03:30 PM

Location: Here I am, brain the size of a planet and I can\'t beat the 2 cent O/8 game on UB. Depressing, isn\'t it?
Default Re: PLO in tunica...

Chipr777 told me once that the PLO game at the shoe plays really big. That is the sum total of my knowledge of PLO in Tunica.
Old 06-19-2006, 03:38 PM

The game is at Horseshoe - I didn't play it, but it looked quite large. Bring some 5k packets and you should be all set.

Jeff
Old 06-19-2006, 04:25 PM

I heard they also spread smaller games. Im looking for somehting in the $500 range. Anyone know if these exist?
Old 06-19-2006, 04:59 PM

The Horseshoe spreads big PLO - usually 10-25, sometimes 5-10. I think the min buy-in for 5-10 is $500, but most buy-in for a lot more than that, usually $1K - $3K.
Old 06-19-2006, 10:03 PM

Recently, I was in a game close to the game you seek, in Horseshoe. Over a period of hours they played with mostly black hundred dollar chips. But it seemed that every time a new player sat in, so did a lengthy discussion on "what we are playing now". They played a mix of PLO PLH NLH OHi Lo over a period of hours. Heck, I can't tell you everything they played...except that it was definitely a "mixed" game affair. But, they were enjoying the game.

[ QUOTE ]
What stakes are usually spread and where? I might be there this weekend and am looking for PLO games.

Ricky

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-20-2006, 04:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Recently, I was in a game close to the game you seek, in Horseshoe. Over a period of hours they played with mostly black hundred dollar chips. But it seemed that every time a new player sat in, so did a lengthy discussion on "what we are playing now". They played a mix of PLO PLH NLH OHi Lo over a period of hours. Heck, I can't tell you everything they played...except that it was definitely a "mixed" game affair. But, they were enjoying the game.

[/ QUOTE ] They've been playing a mixed game of $300 limit PLO with 25-50 blinds, 2-7. A-5 lowball. Switching games every 30 minutes.