Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2006, 02:37 AM

Default The Matador Review ENT

Pierce Brosnan's acting in this film is one of the best performances of the last 10 years in film.
Brosnan portrays a professional hitman who does not have any family or friends. He wanders from city to city killing people. His spare time is spent visiting brothels, hitting on high school girls, and getting drunk in hotel bars.

Brosnan's screen pressence in this movie is sick. Few actors reach this level. Christopher Walken is of course always there. Tyler Durden was there. It is the place where an actor just completely becomes his character.

After spending his birthday in a Mexican brothel, Brosnan starts a conversation with Greg Kineer in a hotel bar. Kineer plays the straight man in the movie, a struggling businessman in Mexico City trying to get money.

They get to talking and the following dialogue takes place:

We lost our son three years ago in a school bus accident. 14 children lived that day and one died. That was Henry.

Brosnan responds: Two Mexicans walk into a Cantena. One of them is a midget, the other has a dick 15 inches long. So the midget says to the bartender

Kineer gets pissed and walks away. The next morning the see eachother and Brosnan explains to Kineer that he got drunk and crashed his car into a tree killing his wife and since he has been incapable of acting proper in social conditions.

We later find out that Brosnan was never married. That is the type of movie this is.

The dialogue, cinematograhy, and acting are all brilliant. There is one scene where Brosnan walks throught he hotel lobby in his underwear, drinking a can of bar, all the way to the pool where he walks directly in, while sipping the beer. He sinks to the buttom and a shark swims by him. His reaction under water is one of the best scenes in the movie.

Here are some of the lines out of Brosnan's mouth:

"I cant stand these catholic countries. All blushy blushy, no sucky fucky."

"Im a big fan of the GottaPee Theory of Assasinations?"
-Huh?
"Everyone's got to pee."

"Listen kid, the only way I would be interested in your mother is if she lost 20 lbs and was 30 years younger. So piss off."
Old 06-20-2006, 03:56 AM

Default Re: The Matador Review ENT

I've been looking forward to this for a while now, got a lot of praise from the film festival it first played at (cant remember which one it was). Hopefully it will be out in AU soon.
Old 06-20-2006, 04:14 AM

Default Re: The Matador Review ENT

I can't wait for this to come out - July 4 I think. Originally I was just going to rent it, but I think I might just buy it now.