Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2006, 11:24 PM

Default new pokerstars account...

Friend of mine didn't like his screenname on stars so he went to a cafe and made a new account. Told him they could lock his account and strip him of his funds if they found out but he doesnt believe me. What's the worse that can happend to him?
Old 06-19-2006, 11:28 PM

Default Re: new pokerstars account...

nothing.
Old 06-19-2006, 11:51 PM

My buddy did the same thing for bonus reasons. Party locked both of his accts and he is now banned.
Old 06-20-2006, 12:13 AM

hes not doing it to scam them though...
Old 06-20-2006, 03:42 AM

Worst case scenario they take his money and ban both accounts.
Old 06-20-2006, 04:10 AM

From their terms:
[ QUOTE ]
4.2 PERSONAL USE. The Software is intended solely for your personal use. Commercial use of the Software is strictly forbidden. The User is only allowed to wager for his/her personal entertainment. Under no circumstances shall a User be permitted to use his/her "real money account" with PokerStars for any purpose other than for playing the Games. The User agrees that his/her use of the Games is in a personal (and not professional) capacity. Before the User participates at PokerStars, he/she is responsible to verify the laws on gambling which govern the User use of the Software in order to determine restrictions and act in accordance thereto. The User must provide full and truthful information regarding his/her legal name and identity when such information is requested by PokerStars. A User may not have more than one account with PokerStars.

6. BREACH. Without prejudice to any other rights, if a User fails to comply with any of the terms and conditions contained herein, PokerStars reserves the right to take such action as it sees fit, including immediately blocking access to the Games to such User, terminating such User's account with PokerStars, seizing all monies held in the relevant PokerStars "real money account" and/or taking legal action against such User.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now, they'll probably just give the guy a warning. Especially if they determine he wasn't cheating them (heck its stupid he created a new account when he could have just asked them to change his name).

Just tell him if they do in fact take his money not to whine about it since he should have known better.
Old 06-20-2006, 04:45 AM

They do not let you change your username at Stars.
Old 06-20-2006, 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
They do not let you change your username at Stars.

[/ QUOTE ]

In a few cases they will. My original username at stars contained my last name. I emailed them explaining that I had made an error in judgement by using my last name and that I'd appreciate it if they could close my old account so that I may open a new one.

They did in fact close the account and told me that it is a rare case for them to allow such a thing. I was also warned that I should be sure to choose more wisely because they will not allow me any additional changes.
Old 06-20-2006, 12:17 PM

Here's what will happen once they find out : new account will be closed, funds transferred to the old account and player instructed to use the old account or else.
Old 06-20-2006, 02:05 PM

And Pokerstars knows that 'How"?? He really should confess up and get this handled before something happens that he won't like.