Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2006, 04:24 PM

Default 3/6: Now THIS is a good sexy

About my third orbit or so, no stat reads. So far villian had shown he loves to peel with crap (T6o on a A82 flop) and I'd only seen him raise once or twice, both times with TP.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (10 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

River: (10 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks...

PS I know calling the flop and popping turn is an option, but my read wasn't that solid and I like to reserve that for slightly more favorable flops. A Q rolls off the turn and he might check his T behind.
Old 06-19-2006, 04:30 PM

Default Re: 3/6: Now THIS is a good sexy

i have been surprised by the check behinds ive seen. after your flop 3bet he probably thinks you have an overpair. i'd rather get the guaranteed bet here. he could have a pocket pair between 5s and 9s too (i expect he bets these rarely).

i don't think it's decidedly good or bad. imo its better to try this when you're running bad.
Old 06-19-2006, 04:38 PM

It's just too obvious you're going for a checkraise here - there's nothing else you play like this that isn't basically the nuts in this spot. I always get check behinds in this spot so I've stopped.
Old 06-19-2006, 04:47 PM

At first I liked it because a T almost always bets and always pays off the c/r. But you lose value from under PP's that would pay off a bet but might check behind the river. Generally I think people that peel flops w/ crap are more on the passive side therefore making a bet slightly better in my mind.
Old 06-19-2006, 04:54 PM

Es TOO sexy!!

Old 06-19-2006, 04:57 PM

I like it. I think he bets and calls this C/R quite a lot. Enough to make up for the times he checks it through. Two bets es the sexy!!
Old 06-19-2006, 05:27 PM

What about the times when a player raises your riverbet with his T? I haven't played much 3/6, but at 2/4 I've seen similar raises a lot, especially in HU pots.

Maybe it doesn't make up for for all the times a sexy works, but it should be taken into consideration, right?
Old 06-19-2006, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What about the times when a player raises your riverbet with his T? I haven't played much 3/6, but at 2/4 I've seen similar raises a lot, especially in HU pots.

Maybe it doesn't make up for for all the times a sexy works, but it should be taken into consideration, right?

[/ QUOTE ]
I've repped an overpair so clealry, I don't think that happens very often. The only thing I've done that doesn't scream "overpair!" is check the river.
Old 06-19-2006, 05:48 PM

I'm certainly no expert on screwplays, since I always whiff when I try them (selective memory, I hope), but it seems to me that the action that's already taken place does reduce your chances of success here.

Still, Villain should have a boat on the river, right? So if he's not thinking about your hand too much, the fact that you improved should encourage him to bet.

I'd imagine what he'll frequently do is check out of confusion, though. How often do people bet/3-bet the flop and then suddenly check on the river?
Old 06-19-2006, 06:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How often do people bet/3-bet the flop and then suddenly check on the river?

[/ QUOTE ]
If I was on something like AK clubs? I dunno. Maybe the mindset is sort of a limit corollary to Zeebo's NL theory? Action is checked to him and he thinks, "Hm, I just got a full house, must bet."