Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2006, 09:09 AM

Default 77 playalong

Villain is 50/10/2 over 50 hands

Pre-flop: Hero is MP with 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
3 folds, Hero raises, 3 folds, button calls, SB folds, BB folds

Flop: (5.5 sb) T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero bets, villain raises, Hero ?

Given the villain, I thought this was a hard decision.
Old 06-19-2006, 09:25 AM

Default Re: 77 playalong

folds
Old 06-19-2006, 09:48 AM

Eazy fold. He didn't re-raise you with bottom pair. You have 2 outs to trips. Your flush outs ain't very good either.

Since you call it a hard decision villian isn't a good player so probably doesn't know to re-raise with Ad for a free card.

The only way to continue is if he'd LAG enough to raise here with Ax, do you have that read on him? Then you can call him down as long as no other diamonds or aces fall.

But... small pot, 2 overs, I'd fold and wait for a better spot.
Old 06-19-2006, 09:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Pre-flop: Hero is MP with 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Flop: (5.5 sb) T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero bets, villain raises, Hero ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Folds.

If you're ahead and he raises with the flush draw hi likely is drawing to a better flush (5 cards higher than 7, 4 lower, I don't think this player would raise here only with a 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]). In addition he has 1 or 2 overcards to your pair, so he's drawing very live.

But he may as well have hit a pair in which case our flush draw might be good, but we can't be sure of that.

Finally he might have flopped a flush. If he flopped a big flush we're dead, if he flopped a small one (unlikely) we have only 7 instead of 9 outs.

I didn't do the math properly, but we I think we have less than 1/3 equity here. Getting 6.5:2.5 to call down is not enough.
Old 06-19-2006, 10:01 AM

Flop HU w/ 1 pf raise = SMALL POT (fairly small anyway). 77 is likely behind now and VERY likely to be behind by the river so is at best a "margninal hand." Ed Miller might say something like (I think), The pot is small. Playing your less than marginal hand is not worth it.

*Ed, sorry if I sorely misrepresented your ideas.
Old 06-19-2006, 11:07 AM

Default Turn

Hero bets, villain raises, Hero calls

Turn: (4.75 BB) 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Hero's plan is?

OK, the flop is a fold, but I didn't, so let's continue [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-19-2006, 11:10 AM

Default Re: Turn

c/r, call a 3bet and hope for the board to pair up
Old 06-19-2006, 11:37 AM

Posting blind: have you read Wookie's Rules of Playalongs? Cuz I'm guessing that this is going to violate all of 'em, possibly excluding my addendum.

Having read the OP, but nothing else: yup. Boooooo! Let's see if I can Kreskin the rest of this...you called Villan's flop raise and turned a 7. Am I close?

First off, at a 10-handed micro table you shouldn't be raising 77 preflop in MP1. A limp is ok, but you put yourself in the worst possible place, here, HU in a raised pot with a middle pair.

The flop is a clear fold. So you DID follow my addendum rule of playalongs (you [censored] the bed somewhere in the hand), if I'm right, and you wouldn't be posting it if you'd folded, so I must be right.

Now, if I'm also right that you hit your set on the turn (I'll check in a minute), c/r the turn, and go to the mat. If Vill 3-bets and calls your cap on the turn, bet/call the river.

Edit: damn, I'm goooooood. And, an addition is that the one hand I'm pretty sure Villan is NOT holding is a made flush; I wouldn't even be surprised if he didn't have a [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] at all.

Edit 2: here's a linky to a post that includes Wookie's Tao and some examples of good playalongs.
Old 06-19-2006, 11:42 AM

Don't raise 77 in MP1, and fold flop.
Old 06-19-2006, 11:45 AM

...why is everyone hating on the MP1 open raise?