Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2006, 06:23 AM

Default Re: I was once a child genius, but now I\'m only above average.

I went to a primary school 5-10, when I was 8 we had an IQ test.

I came second, but as a girl came first I was announced by the teacher as the "Most intelligent boy in the class."

Not long after that I had to leave due to the constant bullying. Me = pawned.
Old 06-19-2006, 09:54 AM

Default Re: I was once a child genius, but now I\'m only above average.

[ QUOTE ]
it seems that a good 85% of parents these days have "advanced" children. figure that one out.

[/ QUOTE ]
And more often than not, it's not the parents that come up with that idiotic idea.
My teachers labelled me a "genius", too. They said I'd average at 99+% if I only did my homework in an attempt to make my parents force me do homework more often.

I still didn't and had marks in the 90+% range. What the teachers simply never got was that I didn't need to repeat 2+2=4 250 times to understand it. And I hated to write things down (my hand writing sucks badly) so I just memorized the stuff. The more you do that the better you get at it, nothing genius about that.
Probably all these teachers just tried to live out some perverted "genius" dream in order to compensate for being mediocre themselves.

And no, I didn't lose interest or did drugs or whatever. I simply finished university with pretty much average marks. And right now, I have an average job at an average company, not liking it much and being bored like every other average joe. Heck, I even play average losing poker. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

If you ever meet a real genius, you'll see the difference. I've met one and boy that guy is bright.