Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2006, 08:54 AM

Default Squeezed? $50 6m AJ

$50 6m, 6 handed,
I have $75,
BB has $150, has been quiet, quite tight
UTG has a little less than me, has been crazy for the few orbits he has been here, pushing big overbets on several hands

UTG limps for $0.5
I have A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img],J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] UTG+1 and raise to $3
BB calls as does UTG.

FLOP: 3 handed, $9 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

BB leads for $1, UTG calls,
I raise to $15,
BB calls, UTG raises $30 more, leaving him about $20.
I...?

UTG's action is a bit odd, since he has pushed in these situations previously, but I am pretty confident about playing the hand against him. Two handed, I would push here and expect to be good more often than not.

However, the BB's actions worry me. If i don't fold here, I am pretty much pot committed and I've been waiting for a chance to stack UTG. Minbet flop often indicates a draw, but there's not much to draw to on the flop and it sometimes indicates a monster.

I'm loath to get squeezed out to the pot by the UTG...is this a clear fold, a clear push, meh?
Old 06-19-2006, 09:10 AM

Default Re: Squeezed? $50 6m AJ

I don't love the flop raise amount. You are pushing out all worst hands by BB and reopen the action against maniac UTG. THe board is so dry, that a free card is rarely going to kill you (especially since you won't go broke on a later street if an innocuous card comes). As played, I think this is a fold. BB's cold call scares the [censored] out of me. I'd love to get AI here against UTG, but BB behing in means that your hand is rarely going to be good enough. BB's minimum hand here is AK IMO.