Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2006, 04:24 PM

Default Re: PokerStars new Beta software

ummm... if you can't keep up with the action don't play so many tables?
Old 06-18-2006, 05:01 PM

How about a volume control for table sounds.
Old 06-18-2006, 05:17 PM

yes.

being able to adjust the volume on each of the different sounds would ROCK!!
Old 06-18-2006, 09:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually play 8 or 9 tables which I can manage quite easily at party. With the new resize feature of stars I would like to do something similar but it's harder when a lot of their tables are high speed tables. Since they don't have the same number of cash game tables as party you won't be able to find another table. Therefore players like me would be playing less tables at stars and more at other sites which doesn't help stars when their resizable tables are there to encourage multitabling. I hope I make sense because sometimes even I don't know what I'm rambling about.
Old 06-18-2006, 09:07 PM

One other thing that I've noticed (and I've only noticed it on the Shiny theme, but it is probably similar for others) is the 'Request Time' button now overlaps the "bottom" player's (player 5?) name and stack.
Old 06-18-2006, 10:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually play 8 or 9 tables which I can manage quite easily at party. With the new resize feature of stars I would like to do something similar but it's harder when a lot of their tables are high speed tables. Since they don't have the same number of cash game tables as party you won't be able to find another table. Therefore players like me would be playing less tables at stars and more at other sites which doesn't help stars when their resizable tables are there to encourage multitabling. I hope I make sense because sometimes even I don't know what I'm rambling about.

[/ QUOTE ]

The number of "high speed" versus standard speed tables is not controlled by PokerStars, but by player demand. There is always one of each style of table open "empty" with zero players. When someone chooses to open a new game, they can choose either one... and as soon as one player is seated, another table just like it will open.

If you want more slower speed games, simply start one up by sitting at an emtpy table. It probably won't take very long to get going, especially at peak hours.

Jester
Old 06-18-2006, 11:29 PM

Default Re: Ridiculously small amount bet

Three things need to be MUCH larger when the table is as small as it gets:
-bet sizes
-pot amount
-stack sizes

Also, the light background on the stack sizes is perfect on the Saloon and Renaissance themes: Could you please make it an option on ALL themes to have a light background for the stack sizes with dark text instead of the other way around?
Old 06-19-2006, 05:37 AM

I understood what you were saying, but I still think it's a bad argument.

The reason to play more 8 or so tables is because when you 'only' play 5 or 6 you feel you have ample time to make your decisions and you are practically sitting around tiddling your thumbs waiting for the next decision to come.

so you play 8 or 9 instead because you can handle it and you are getting in more hands (at hopefully close to the same win-rate).

Just because you have the screen-space to handle 8 tables doesn't mean that's what you should be doing.

If Stars' hands are coming so fast that you are timing out when you play on 8-9 tables then, in a way, that's a good thing.
You should close a couple of those tables because you don't have as much free-time on making your decisions.

Think of it this way:
Lets say you got a super-duper monitor that could handle 32 tables AND somehow Party let you play that many tables at once.

Does this mean you SHOULD be playing 32 tables just because you have the screen-space and Party is allowing you to?
No. It's probably more than you (or most people at least) could handle.

you also should not want to write to Party and ask them to slow down their hands to 1/3 the speed of what they are now because you really want to play 32 tables at a time...but you can't 32-table because the way things are set up now the hands just come too quickly for you to be able to do this.

It's kind of difficult to explain. But I think my analogy of someone wanting Party to slow down the hands so that they can play 32 tables might come closest to what I'm trying to say.

Assuming it isn't too fast for you to play 1 or 2 tables there is not much reason why someone should WANT the site to slow-down the speed of the hands.

You want them to deal as fast as they can. And you want to play the most tables you can while maintaining the best overall profit you can.
If this means 8-9 tables on slightly slower site A but only 6-tables on faster site B then sobeit.
Old 06-19-2006, 07:40 AM

yeah I guess you're right.

either way, great work by stars. I'm loving all the new changes they are implementing and I will be playing there a lot more in the future.
Old 06-19-2006, 08:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with you about volume control. I really appreciate the sites that actually have this (can't remember which 1 or 2 I've seen with it but I know it's out there somewhere).

[/ QUOTE ]

Prima has a volume slider along with Laddies.

Prima is also the only client I've used where the sounds stay even when you task switch. They have a different sound for raise so you can do something else and cover the table up and know what's happening.

Ok for 1 or 2 tabling, I doubt this would benefit hardcore multitablers.