Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2006, 07:39 PM

Default Re: *** Official 2006 U.S.Open Thread ***

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
As a Tiger fan, who has had to put up with a lot of Tiger-bashing from Mickelson fans, today is a very happy day.

Mickel-slam, my ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm, 2nd place in the US Open or not making the cut?

That's a tough one...

I wanted to punch my TV when one guy said something to the effect of Tiger must be sick sitting at home knowing he would just have to shoot par to win. Oh really? Too bad he couldn't come near par in the first 2 rounds!

[/ QUOTE ]
you must not watch a lot of golf, bc this statement makes it pretty clear that you dont have a solid understanding of the PGA tour and it's players.
Old 06-18-2006, 07:39 PM

Who gives a $hit about 2nd...Phil can get all the seconds he wants...we'll take the wins.
Old 06-18-2006, 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
actually one of the big points of the Johnny Miller interview was how players are sick of Phil's nice guy act in front of the cameras, but behind closed doors hes a prick.

[/ QUOTE ]

And how is this different than about 90% of pro athletes? How is this different than most people on this planet?

[/ QUOTE ]
for someone who doesn't "care for Phil" you sure do defend him a lot in this thread...

Hah, I just remembered his early brain cramp on the front nine, where he tried to hit a wood out of the rough and hit it about 6 inches. Take that out, and he's up 2 on the 18th and all this is a moot point. Yeah, it's just one shot way earlier, but that was just as bad of a choice.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
As a Tiger fan, who has had to put up with a lot of Tiger-bashing from Mickelson fans, today is a very happy day.

Mickel-slam, my ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

i share similar feelings. THANK GOD PHIL DID NOT WIN. Wow..just shows he's not in that "caliber".

[/ QUOTE ]

Saying that pretty much means Tiger is in a "caliber" all by himself. Which I'm sure you know, at this moment, is not even close to true.
Old 06-18-2006, 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Mickel-slam, my ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

i share similar feelings. THANK GOD PHIL DID NOT WIN. Wow..just shows he's not in that "caliber".

[/ QUOTE ]

C'mon now. I'm no big fan of Phil, as most here are well aware, but he's pretty clearly a superior player to Tiger at the moment. Will he maintain? Who knows. Did he piss this one away? Yes, it was classic pre-major win Phil. But he's pretty clearly "of that calibur".

[/ QUOTE ]

I meant "caliber" as in the elite who are able to win 3 majors in a row..which is an amazing feat. Phil is currently the game's best...he is better than Tiger now, but I think we'll see Tiger bounce back at the British and finish strong..Concerning how Phil ranks in the game's all-time best he wouldn't crack the top 20...maybe in 10 years he could.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he'd crack the top 20. He's 18th on the PGA all time wins list, and is only 3 away from sole posession of 13th and he's done it in a more competitive era in terms of number of competitors who can legitimately win on a weekly basis.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I think he'll crack the top 20. In 10 years he could get an additional 4-5 majors in that span. However, after 40 who knows how he'll shape up...he's gotta lay off that donut diet.

Well that was about the most depressing 18th hole in the history of professional golf. Both Monty (who deserves a damn major) and Mickelson (the best player in the world and favorite to win) clearly had the best chances to win and they blew it badly.

[ QUOTE ]
What did I miss?

[/ QUOTE ]

We need to talk.
Old 06-18-2006, 07:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm no big fan of Phil, as most here are well aware, but he's pretty clearly a superior player to Tiger at the moment.

[/ QUOTE ]

superior player? or just running hotter right now?

is Michael Mizrachi a superior player to Phil Ivey?

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't poker and your analogy is pretty bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

how about elaborating on why the analogy is inappropriate?

Phil is running hotter (he's playing better than anyone in the world right now) but Tiger is still the superior player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm, the guy who is playing better over an extended period of time IS the superior player. This isn't a hall of fame discussion, it's a who is the best right now discussion. And your poker analogy stinks for obvious reasons.

[ QUOTE ]

If you asked anyone who knows anything about golf to pick one person to win a tournament for you next month, who do you think they'd pick?

[/ QUOTE ]

If they were both playing in the same number of tournaments it would be pretty foolish to take Tiger over Phil right now. And I am Tiger's #1 fanboy.
Old 06-18-2006, 07:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What did I miss?

[/ QUOTE ]

We need to talk.

[/ QUOTE ]

hilarious