Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2006, 08:04 PM

Default Why didn\'t US play harder to win late in game?

I hope it's OK to start a new thread.

I didn't understand my Keller kept kicking the ball to the other side of the field at the end.

If they won, they would probably advance. With a tie, it is unlikely they will advance. Why not try all out for a goal and the win, even with 9 men. The US was 5th ranked going in and should advance. They have a strong enough team to score with 9 men. I would just play to win and not worry that much about losing rather than tieing.

Of course the US got totally screwed by the groupings and the officials, maybe because we are not real popular in the world right now.
Old 06-17-2006, 08:07 PM

Default Re: Why didn\'t US play harder to win late in game?

[ QUOTE ]

I didn't understand my Keller kept kicking the ball to the other side of the field at the end.

If they won, they would probably advance. With a tie, it is unlikely they will advance. Why not try all out for a goal and the win, even with 9 men. The US was 5th ranked going in and should advance. They have a strong enough team to score with 9 men. I would just play to win and not worry that much about losing rather than tieing.

Of course the US got totally screwed by the groupings and the officials, maybe because we are not real popular in the world right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Will all you Americans stop saying that your foreign policy means that FIFA put you in hard groups and all of the referees try and make you lose
Old 06-17-2006, 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this post is hilarious on so many levels ... but how about the obvious: US is strong enough to score with 9 men? The US hasn't been strong enough to score with a FULL SQUAD so why would they be able to score with 9? Also, NO TEAM has ever scored with 9 men in World Cup history ... there's no reason to think the US would be the first.
Old 06-17-2006, 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm trying to decide which part of this post is the funniest
Old 06-17-2006, 08:11 PM

The US is one of the baddest mother fuuckers in the world, we're the best singers, and the best lookin mother fuuckers you've ever seen.

Hold my drink bitch.
Old 06-17-2006, 08:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this post is hilarious on so many levels ... but how about the obvious: US is strong enough to score with 9 men? The US hasn't been strong enough to score with a FULL SQUAD so why would they be able to score with 9? Also, NO TEAM has ever scored with 9 men in World Cup history ... there's no reason to think the US would be the first.

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all they did score a goal which was disallowed.

Secondly, they have no choice but to play for a win. Now they can only advance if they beat Ghana and Italy beats Chech. It is just not likely that the number 2 ranked team will not advance.
Old 06-17-2006, 08:13 PM

nah, we can advance no matter who wins, but if Cz Republic wins, we have to beat Ghana by 6 -(Italy loss margin in Czech game) to win on goal differential
Old 06-17-2006, 08:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm trying to decide which part of this post is the funniest

[/ QUOTE ]

It's definitely this bit:

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Clearly, Fifa rigged the World Cup draw so that the USA were put into a group of above average difficulty (that could never have happened by chance!), and then they put corrupt referees and linesmen in to officiate the games in which the USA were involved. And why? Because the US is 'not real popular in the world'. Makes perfect sense, right? Am I right??
Old 06-17-2006, 08:19 PM

Because they were dead on their feet. Nine men had just played 45 min on a full sized pitch at the end they literally couldn’t run any more.
Old 06-17-2006, 08:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all they did score a goal which was disallowed.

Secondly, they have no choice but to play for a win. Now they can only advance if they beat Ghana and Italy beats Chech. It is just not likely that the number 2 ranked team will not advance.

[/ QUOTE ]

first of all, just STFU up about the FIFA rankings. if really you believe that the US is actually the 5th best team in the World after watching the past two games, just stop reading now because the next point i'll make will be way over your head:

"goals" that are disallowed are, in fact, not goals.