Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2006, 01:49 PM

Default Re: Ridiculously small amount bet

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I agree, color contrast on hyper-simple check boxes REALLY needs to change. White on blue is terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've emailed them about this, I suggest you do the same.
Old 06-16-2006, 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I agree, color contrast on hyper-simple check boxes REALLY needs to change. White on blue is terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just got the beta client.
I played 2 hands each in] the 'Stars' theme and the 'Hyper-Simple' theme.
I said, "Are you kidding me?" on each one and left.

I love the giant cards, but the colors in the pre-action boxes are terrible so I won't be returning unless this is corrected.

Additionally, in the hyper-simple theme it is kind of hard to find your own cards (especially if multi-tabling) with the blue and black background if you happen to get dealt blue or black cards (diamond and spade) because they blend in so much.

Perhaps I would get used to this if I were to be able to stay there longer...but because of the pre-action boxes I can not.

So I'm kind of stuck with the default tables because I don't really care for the other ones either.

Okay - those are the harsh criticisms.
Otherwise, I REALLY like what Stars is doing here.

Between all these mods and resizeable tables and double-points for $3 raked-hands and a reload-bonus I think Stars is making some really nice strides (and they were already doing pretty decently to begin with).
Old 06-16-2006, 07:15 PM

I believe we should play at least a couple of hours in order to make a solid review.
The resizeable tables, the "Remember Table positioning", and the option of mixing themes and decks are really awesome features. No bugs discovered multitabling yet
I only play cash games, so I can't judge SNG and Tourneys development. . But I definitely enjoy this beta client. Muy bueno.

I agree with the preaction boxes criticism. Anyway, I guess this would be solved soon.
Old 06-16-2006, 08:08 PM

Just figured out you can change the deck on a given theme.
That's cool.

Forgot to mention that also cool is the multi-tabler option for single-click activation. This hadn't annoyed me like it had other 2+2'ers but it's nice to have that option now.
Old 06-16-2006, 09:03 PM

Default Re: PokerStars new Beta software

Hello 2+2,
A new version of the beta software has been released (v1.897). This latest release fixes an issue where the advance action buttons where difficult to distinguish, and also corrects a problem where the river card was being cut off for seat #2 in stud games.

Please continue to post here or email us with any bugs you find on the new beta features.

Thanks!
Mike Jones
PokerStars Poker Room Management Team
Old 06-16-2006, 09:09 PM

man, I could have sworn I posted this in this thread last night but I don't see it here now...

A volume control would be AWESOME while the programmers are spending time on the UI. Quite a few of us listen to music with our computer while playing poker (I like pandora.com). Being able to turn the sounds down individually would be great, but just a "master volume" for all of pokerstars would be fine too.
Old 06-16-2006, 10:13 PM

Ugh, they changed the position of the seats on 6 max tables. HUD is all screwed up now.
Old 06-16-2006, 10:25 PM

I love it man. This is great.

Changing the bonus to 7x sucks though, it was already hard to clear.
Old 06-16-2006, 10:30 PM

the bonus is easier to clear for many levels because you are getting 2x base-FPP's on hands that are raked $3.

The only way it was 'already hard to clear' (at 5x!!!) is if you are playing 1/2 or .5/1 or something.
The Stars bonuses are among some of the easiest to clear imo (but that's at 3/6 and 5/10 limit of course).

smoore - I agree with you about volume control. I really appreciate the sites that actually have this (can't remember which 1 or 2 I've seen with it but I know it's out there somewhere).

Obviously you can adjust the volume on the music and the overall volume to find a decent balance though.

It becomes a slight issue if you are playing more than one site where the volume varies.
UB sounds are much louder than Stars sounds for example.
So if you want to hear the sounds you have to take your pick of 'Stars at normal, UB at loud' or 'Stars super-quiet, UB at normal'.

Something like that anyway.

I believe you can alter the sounds by digging into the program somewhat. I've been reluctant to do that which shows that this is really more of a super-nit complaint than something that actually bothers me...but volume-control should be relatively easy to implement I imagine and it would make a nice addition.
Old 06-16-2006, 10:49 PM

Default Re: Damnit

Ok, I wish my english to be better, but ...

Why don't you offer us the choice to not have theses chips on the table instead of the chip amount of the pot and bets, written like "128" for example

On prima, the miniview is good for that. When the table is resized to a small table, theses chips are simply ridiculous, even stupid, WTF !

Damn, it is simple ergonomy .

Yes I love pokerstars, but it is easy to be much better

Best Regards