Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2006, 07:47 PM

Default Resources for Heads Up Limit Hold\'Em

1) What books have some serious goods on HU LIM cash?

--
While we're at it, any posts, articles, etc. online which you've found to be great words on this? Links? Also, where can I find an application that I can play with hand ranges, like I would like to click *Show top %60 hands* and see what they are. Poker stove or?
Old 06-16-2006, 07:49 PM

Default Re: Resources for Heads Up Limit Hold\'Em

The latest issue of All In magazine had an artice by Chris Ferguson on head up play.

http://www.allinmag.com/article.php?article=590
Old 06-17-2006, 05:44 PM

nice thnks
Old 06-17-2006, 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, where can I find an application that I can play with hand ranges, like I would like to click *Show top %60 hands* and see what they are. Poker stove or?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, Poker Stove is probably your best bet. You can click on one of the players, then the Preflop tab, then move the slider bar at the bottom.
Old 06-18-2006, 11:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The latest issue of All In magazine had an article by Chris Ferguson on head up play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats for NL play not limit plays so its probably not what you are looking for.

Most HU material is not available yet, its being worked on as we speak for release within the year. 2+2's HPFAP has a decent short/HU material that serves as a foundation, as does King Yao's book.

As for new work Stoxtrader is working on a series of HU videos where he shows both sides the thought process of both opponents (and a book which may include HU material - I don't know), Byron Jacobs is also producing a short handed and HU DVD series, and rumor has it the new book by Ray Zee and JA Sucker will be chock filled with HU material. King Yao was working on a shorthanded & HU book but I think it was postponed and I know of one other author who is doing this but since he hasn't discussed it publicly I can't say a thing until he makes it official.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 06-19-2006, 03:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The latest issue of All In magazine had an article by Chris Ferguson on head up play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Most HU material is not available yet, its being worked on as we speak for release within the year. 2+2's HPFAP has a decent short/HU material that serves as a foundation, as does King Yao's book.

As for new work Stoxtrader is working on a series of HU videos where he shows both sides the thought process of both opponents (and a book which may include HU material - I don't know), Byron Jacobs is also producing a short handed and HU DVD series, and rumor has it the new book by Ray Zee and JA Sucker will be chock filled with HU material. King Yao was working on a shorthanded & HU book but I think it was postponed and I know of one other author who is doing this but since he hasn't discussed it publicly I can't say a thing until he makes it official.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks. I have the Yao book, I'll get to that section. Does the Ferguson article hold no bearing to limit?
Old 06-19-2006, 08:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks. I have the Yao book, I'll get to that section. Does the Ferguson article hold no bearing to limit?

[/ QUOTE ]

No bearing, but if you have to ask that then perhaps its too soon to try to master limit HU play. Also keep in mind psychological limit HU play is very different from SB/BB HU play, your opponent may not have adjusted or may be overcompensating for his blind defense.

Old 06-20-2006, 04:41 PM

I realize that they are very different games, just asked the question because I thought maybe there was some value in his advice pertaining to the format, positions, etc.

Could you elaborate on what you meant by your second sentence?
Old 06-21-2006, 01:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]

King Yao was working on a shorthanded & HU book but I think it was postponed and I know of one other author who is doing this but since he hasn't discussed it publicly I can't say a thing until he makes it official.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not working on another poker book (shorthanded or otherwise). I am working on a sports betting book. My monthly articles in the Two Plus Two Internet Magazine are forcing me to get my act together at least once a month. I don't know about other authors, but I find it very difficult to be motivated to write when there is gambling to be done. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 06-22-2006, 05:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

King Yao was working on a shorthanded & HU book but I think it was postponed and I know of one other author who is doing this but since he hasn't discussed it publicly I can't say a thing until he makes it official.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not working on another poker book (shorthanded or otherwise). I am working on a sports betting book. My monthly articles in the Two Plus Two Internet Magazine are forcing me to get my act together at least once a month. I don't know about other authors, but I find it very difficult to be motivated to write when there is gambling to be done. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry to hear you won't be writing the SH book. I am currently enjoying "Weighing The Odds." Thanks for the knowledge sir.