Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2006, 10:31 PM

Default Re: Hitting Batters

Supposedly AJ is loved by his clubhouse.

He's also caught the best starting 5 over the last two years. And he seems to always have his head in the game. He's also got pop (aside from this year).

People might hate him but there is a lot that is right with him and he'll likely have a pretty long career.
Old 06-15-2006, 10:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ozzie Guillen is a piece of [censored].

Throwing at somebody intentionally should NEVER be ok and I really dislike that baseball doesn't deal with crap like this with more agression.

I understand why tdarko and kyle are saying what they're saying, but I just hate the mentality that it stems from. The notion that you "have" to retaliate is some stupid retarded macho [censored] that should've died ages ago.

[/ QUOTE ]
If Ozzie Guillen is a piece of [censored] for this reason, then so is every other manager/coach in MLB. Nobody, to a man, is going to let one of his players get abused like that with no retaliation. One thing I appreciate about Ozzie is he has a philosophy of retaliating during the game in question...not letting it spill into the next night or the next series. This always has been and always will be a part of the game. Let's work on this once we settle the whole world peace thing. Good luck though.
Old 06-16-2006, 01:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He's already been sent back to Triple A.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tracey was sent down to make room for David Riske who was just acquired in a trade from Boston.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, but last night we didn't know about the Riske deal, and it seemed pretty hardcore that he'd send him down for not hitting the batter.
Old 06-16-2006, 09:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If Ozzie Guillen is a piece of [censored] for this reason, then so is every other manager/coach in MLB. Nobody, to a man, is going to let one of his players get abused like that with no retaliation. One thing I appreciate about Ozzie is he has a philosophy of retaliating during the game in question...not letting it spill into the next night or the next series. This always has been and always will be a part of the game. Let's work on this once we settle the whole world peace thing. Good luck though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great post! The real piece of [censored] here is Padilla who willingly and willfully plunks an opponent not once but twice with absolutely no provication. And the problem is that baseball lets him get away with it. He should have been tossed after the second plunking rather than the stupid warning system. If the umps and baseball want to take action then TAKE ACTION. If what Padilla did warrants a warning it warrants a Padilla ejection at that point along with fine and suspension. That will be more effective than the ridiculous warning sysyem currently in place.