Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2006, 10:28 AM

Default Re: Anyone interested in splitting the zero-risk-arbitrage BetAlerts?

[ QUOTE ]
Can one put 50-100K into a scalp easily?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. You are limited by the size of the bet that the books will accept. If the scalp is a college BB money-line, this can easily be 1,000 or less.

Many arbs wind up being executed with an exchange on one side and that means that the amount available to bet againt will vary significantly.
Old 01-15-2006, 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Can one put 50-100K into a scalp easily?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. You are limited by the size of the bet that the books will accept. If the scalp is a college BB money-line, this can easily be 1,000 or less.

Many arbs wind up being executed with an exchange on one side and that means that the amount available to bet againt will vary significantly.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what we're saying is it wouldn't be possible to turn $5000 into $1 million at 2% per week (as someone else in the thread said) because you're limited to small bets for scalps? Are there some scalps that can be pulled off with $100K? I thought people place like multi-million dollar bets on certain games, say NFL or world cup soccer...
Old 01-15-2006, 02:07 PM

I am going to create a new post with the appropriate subject, but why do we need a service. Why not jus create a thread where people post the oppurtunites and which sites they found them on each week. We can all share eachothers knowledge making the searching time very minimal.... look for this thread, hopefully people will take it seriously and it could make it very easy
Old 01-15-2006, 02:40 PM

As Ed Miller is fond of saying, this thread has now reached a critical mass of misinformation. Scalping is not good (other than bonus whoring) for small bankrolls because the transaction fees of moving money around can kill you. Similarly, for very large bankrolls it is not practical either because it is hard to get enough money down to make a difference. But for a medium bankroll it can be quite efficient.

Everyone who says it is a waste of time either (a) has not done it or (b) is terrible at it. Last year I put my whole bankroll into scalps on props on the NCAA tournament. I made a risk-free 10% return on my whole bankroll in four weeks. What a waste of time. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 01-15-2006, 05:09 PM

To add to what Tech has said, with smaller bankrolls you are much better off taking the "rogue" line at one of the square books (PM for list) instead of going for the "scalp". Generally these "rogue" lines offer more EV, especially once you add the signup and reload bonuses in. As an example, lets say you go to Pinnacle and see Team X +6.5 -107, but then go to "square shop" and see Team X +7.5 -110. Well, we know that PIN has some of the sharpest lines, so getting the extra point over a key number is huge EV. In fact, by getting the +7.5 -110 you will win approx. 6% more times than if you had +6.5.

craig