Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2006, 11:20 AM

Default Aces Up - Limped Pot

No read on Villan - I was new to the table, this was my second hand. So, without a read, what's your action here? What do you put him on? Table in general was very loose and passive.

In hindsight - I shouldn't have just completed and that made the hand harder - not sure wtf I was doing (maybe getting on tables), I'd normally punish someone open limping the button here.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

CO ($548.25)
Button ($389)
Hero ($392)
BB ($223.59)
UTG ($218.73)
MP ($360.90)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $2.
UTG calls $4, MP calls $4, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $4, Hero (poster) completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($20) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $18</font>, BB calls $18, UTG folds, MP folds, Button calls $18.

Turn: ($74) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $65</font>, BB folds, Button calls $367 (All-In), Hero ????
Old 06-15-2006, 11:33 AM

Default Re: Aces Up - Limped Pot

I dont mind the completion since you're OOP. I would'nt call this without a read in a limped pot, the guy could have almost anything. The weird thing is that he didnt raise this flop with two spades, which means he couldnt really have a set (unless he's stupid, which we dont know).

I'd have to say that I would prob call this with top 2 but fold with your hand since you didnt invest that much that you cant get away.
Old 06-15-2006, 11:37 AM

I don't think there's anything wrong with just completing the small blind since there are three limpers (if it was just the button I'd for sure raise). Weird hand though, fold the turn.
Old 06-15-2006, 11:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think there's anything wrong with just completing the small blind since there are three limpers (if it was just the button I'd for sure raise). Weird hand though, fold the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Never mind about the completing - I guess I had a couple hands I was reviewing and thought the button was the first limper - I like my completion too reading it again.
Old 06-15-2006, 12:39 PM

My guess is the 8 helped, could be A8, 88, or 97s. Now that there are two flush draws out there maybe villain has no post flop skill and wants to take it down. I'm probably not calling here. Since this guy is on your immediate right you'll have plenty of opportunity to take his money if he's going to make donk plays like this.

Natedogg's (TAFKAn) Rule of Thumb
Old 06-15-2006, 04:59 PM

looks fine to me on all streets. the push is suspicious, but without a better read I fold here.
Old 06-15-2006, 05:04 PM

Double flush board, and I would expect button to protect on the flop with a real hand. The 8 doesn't help him very often. I'm allin.