Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2006, 10:34 AM

Default 2/4: some hands

Sry for no stats

Hand 1: SB is pretty solid. Should i valuebet this river?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 6, 6.
[color=#666666]4 folds</font>, [color=#CC3333]Hero raises</font>, [color=#666666]2 folds</font>, SB calls, [color=#666666]1 fold</font>.

Flop: (5 SB) 5, 4, 2 [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>
SB checks, [color=#CC3333]Hero bets</font>, [color=#CC3333]SB raises</font>, [color=#CC3333]Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 8 [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>
SB checks, [color=#CC3333]Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (7.50 BB) K [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 7.50 BB

HAnd 2: CO is loose preflop but weaktight postflop. Should I c/c turn here instead?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, K.
[color=#666666]5 folds</font>, [color=#CC3333]CO raises</font>, [color=#666666]1 fold</font>, [color=#CC3333]Hero 3-bets</font>, [color=#666666]1 fold</font>, CO calls.

Flop: (7 SB) T, 9, 9 [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>
[color=#CC3333]Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) A [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>
[color=#CC3333]Hero bets</font>, CO folds.

Final Pot: 5.50 BB

Hand 3: Villain is TAG. Is this a bad donk on turn for handprotection? I didnt want to c/r turn because 1) It might get checked through and 2) It only builds a big pot were i dont know were I am at.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T, K. UTG posts a blind of $2.
[color=#666666]1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls, Button calls, [color=#666666]1 fold</font>, UTG (poster) checks.

Flop: (5.50 SB) T, 6, 7 [color=#0000FF](6 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, [color=#CC3333]Hero bets</font>, [color=#CC3333]Button raises</font>, UTG folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.75 BB) 6 [color=#0000FF](4 players)</font>
MP2 checks, [color=#CC3333]Hero bets</font>, [color=#CC3333]Button raises</font>, MP2 folds, Hero calls.

River: (9.75 BB) 8 [color=#0000FF](3 players)</font>
Hero checks, [color=#CC3333]Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11.75 BB
Old 06-14-2006, 12:36 PM

Default Re: 2/4: some hands

Umm, I don't think you are using the convertor correctly.

1st hand
I think you can bet this river but checking behind isn't awful either. It looks like he took a shot at you on the flop because it missed so many hands, but he may have done so with a variety of hands, from a flush draw to a gutshot with an A, to a pair with something like A5 or just overs. The last two cards are unlikely to help him but he could have been lurking with a K the entire time just holding overs. Still he probably won't call you unless he has you beat if he actually is a solid player, so checking is fine.

2nd hand
Seems ok

3rd hand
I can't fault you for limping K10o preflop in good position but remember to be careful with hands like this against a bunch of players, they usually look better than they are.
Flop: good bet, don't let people with lone 8s or 9s get a free card to draw, you could consider 3-betting but I think you are better off going for a safe card on the turn.
Turn: Dump it to that raise unless he is a donk. He raised the flop and the turn, a flush draw no longer looks likely and something that beats a 10 with K kicker looks a lot more possible. If you wanted to see the showdown, c/c both streets, if you bet on turn, I think you have to fold to a raise.
Old 06-14-2006, 01:26 PM

hand 1: i think the hand is played well on the first 3 levels... i'm 50/50 on the river play... i think a fair amount of the time, we'll see villain with A-5 etc... i value bet here...

hand 2: i like leading the turn here... it's very possible you have the best hand, and i don't want to give up control of the hand by checking... seems pretty standard to me...

hand 3: i like the turn donk given the way the flop played out... on this board not allowing a free card is crucial
Old 06-14-2006, 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Umm, I don't think you are using the convertor correctly.

1st hand
I think you can bet this river but checking behind isn't awful either. It looks like he took a shot at you on the flop because it missed so many hands, but he may have done so with a variety of hands, from a flush draw to a gutshot with an A, to a pair with something like A5 or just overs. The last two cards are unlikely to help him but he could have been lurking with a K the entire time just holding overs. Still he probably won't call you unless he has you beat if he actually is a solid player, so checking is fine.

2nd hand
Seems ok

3rd hand
I can't fault you for limping K10o preflop in good position but remember to be careful with hands like this against a bunch of players, they usually look better than they are.
Flop: good bet, don't let people with lone 8s or 9s get a free card to draw, you could consider 3-betting but I think you are better off going for a safe card on the turn.
Turn: Dump it to that raise unless he is a donk. He raised the flop and the turn, a flush draw no longer looks likely and something that beats a 10 with K kicker looks a lot more possible. If you wanted to see the showdown, c/c both streets, if you bet on turn, I think you have to fold to a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree on hand 3 i should have folded when he raised the turn. Txh for the responses
Old 06-14-2006, 05:08 PM

1. Yes I think you need to bet the river. The K is going to be a scare card most likely and he probably will fold hands that beat you like 7's, 8's and maybe higher. Plus if you bet and he folds that is less information you show (heck online probably nobody is pay attention but good practice for a bigger game)

2. You have to bet here...think you made the best play.

3. I think if I am raised after the flop...I am c/c or folding.
Old 06-14-2006, 10:43 PM

1. If SB is solid, he won't call you with a hand you beat more often than a hand you can beat. I think a check is good.

2. Betting the turn is crucial. You can't give a free card with a 3 flush on the table...

3. Bet/fold the turn
Old 06-14-2006, 11:00 PM

Hand #1 seems ok and I think hands that beat you aren't folding after calling turn and all missed draws fold so seems ok.

Hand#2 Bet the turn and play from there. If you check and he checks behind another club(and a lot of other cards for that matter) will make you sick.

Hand#3 I like the turn donk but not many SSH are semibluffing twice. Fold to his raise. You didn't give a free card to the draw rich board but your hand is weak. I don't like preflop in this one but postflop seems OK.