Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2006, 03:35 PM

Default Tight Table Image Vs. Loose Image

Hey whats up...not sure if there is thread on this but here we go....I was reading one of the Play a Hand With the Masters specifically #3 which involved coming in for a 4xBB raise in late position with 7 5s early in the tourny 10/20 blinds one reply stated [ QUOTE ]
I don't think its worth it to steal blinds this early. I'm hoping that by not stealing early, I'm furthering an image of a tight player. If I do raise in late position or on the button early in the tournament, I want to show down a good hand. Hopefully this will allow me to steal later on, when the blinds are higher.

[/ QUOTE ]

Although I think the play at hand was more of speculative play with 7 5s that could have turned into a well disguised monster.....Myself I like to play TAG and I think I would prefer a to be labelled loose as when I do hit a big hand I would get paid better and further the ppl you are playing on the table with probobly wont be the same people your trying to steal blinds off of later....If you play a TAG style you would obviously wanna have a loose image??? What would be best image to have???
Old 06-14-2006, 03:37 PM

Default Re: Tight Table Image Vs. Loose Image

Having a loose image will definitely make it easier to get paid off when you get a good hand. The only problem is that even if you're tight, unless you accumulate a big stack (which a tight player is less likely to do early) you're eventually going to need to start stealing. And when you do, its going to be a lot harder if you have a loose image.