Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2006, 02:24 AM

Default Re: Note-Swapping

i dont see how its unethical. my notes suck. just let me know who the regs are and the fish that stand out.

btw you play $60s? whats your name?

thats alot of notes blue lol. why so many and what do you write about them?
Old 06-14-2006, 02:30 AM

I had about 1,200 notes before leaving Stars and I thought that was a ton. Wow, Blue that is epic! What'd you say about me? [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

I always found that actively taking notes forced me to pay attention to what was happening on the tables, as opposed to say... oh I don't know... perusing internet forums related to topics of one's interest.
Old 06-14-2006, 02:44 AM

I have around 2000 notes on players at the 60s and 114s. Around 98% mention that they suck and brief reason why, and the other 2% say good.
Old 06-14-2006, 04:24 AM

Bluefeet is an epic note taker, and they are really impressive.
I can't even chat on stars without it stealing focus and sending it to the wrong table so I have know idea how the hell he can take such in depth notes on a regular basis.

If you are sitting with Dave and you have played him before, you better mix it up a little because he is definitely paying attention.
Old 06-14-2006, 10:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I can't even chat on stars without it stealing focus and sending it to the wrong table so I have know idea how the hell he can take such in depth notes on a regular basis.

[/ QUOTE ]

Half my notes on stars ended up as chat on a different table. Now I just use PAHUD. If they have a VPIP of <10% 9-handed and are positive in $won/lost I assume they have a clue.
Old 06-14-2006, 11:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Half my notes on stars ended up as chat on a different table. Now I just use PAHUD. If they have a VPIP of <10% 9-handed and are positive in $won/lost I assume they have a clue.

[/ QUOTE ]
I once typed "******* moron" in a note, and hit return, and it ended up in chat on another table. That was fun.
Old 06-14-2006, 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I once typed "******* moron" in a note, and hit return, and it ended up in chat on another table. That was fun

[/ QUOTE ]

standard
[img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 06-14-2006, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This all seems pretty unethical to me. How is this different from the shared databases of yore?

[/ QUOTE ]

Notes I'm pretty sure would not be unethical. If you wanted to swap HH's I don't even think thats unethical. I'd say if its on your computer you own it and wouldn't think twice about selling it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just bought the new "Taylor Hicks" album and downloaded it to my computer. Is it unethical for me to sell copies of it to all my friends for $3? (aside from the fact that listening to taylor hicks is unethical...)

Point being, owning something (or even creating it) doesn't make selling it ethical.

zip
Old 06-14-2006, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This all seems pretty unethical to me. How is this different from the shared databases of yore?

[/ QUOTE ]

Notes I'm pretty sure would not be unethical. If you wanted to swap HH's I don't even think thats unethical. I'd say if its on your computer you own it and wouldn't think twice about selling it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just bought the new "Taylor Hicks" album and downloaded it to my computer. Is it unethical for me to sell copies of it to all my friends for $3? (aside from the fact that listening to taylor hicks is unethical...)

Point being, owning something (or even creating it) doesn't make selling it ethical.

zip

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude you admitted you bought a Taylor Hicks album you've got bigger problems than ethics
[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

I don't really think they're the same. If its not against anything in TOS I don't see how it would be unethical to sell HH's.
Old 06-14-2006, 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

zip

[/ QUOTE ]

Nowhere NEAR the same. One is someone else's intellectual property, one is yours.