Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2006, 02:28 AM

Default Re: poker females equal with males?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
she won the tournament of champions for 2 mill. she may have only qualified for the tournament due to her gender but her win is what boosted her into the fame she has now.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Her fame is what got her INTO the TOC. Her win helped, but she was plenty famous before that. And winning that is like winning a SNG, no big deal at all talent-wise.

[/ QUOTE ]

especially when you suckout like she did against her brother
Old 01-15-2006, 03:22 AM

dunno about annie Dukes abilities firsthand, but I do hear from sources that they are mediocre.

I'm sure Jennifer harman is an amazing player, Barry Greenstein's Girlfriend plays well online, I probably have a small edge only. Also, Clovie is good at the stakes she plays. Talked to her today and she gave me some good tourney advice.

I busted early out of the tourney and have lost a ton online while here but overall it's a good trip. Got to hang out with a bunch of famous players, saw some australia, and played a lot of tennis.

-E
Old 01-15-2006, 06:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Annie's probably the BEST female player. She's 457x better than Jennifer Tilly (current WSOP Ladies ME Champion) who's play is largely based on bluff and knowing that your opponents will fold to any big raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hilarious post. Paraphrased:

"Jennifer Tilly is keenly aware when an opponent is weak, and she can push them off a hand, she uses these oppertunities and wins tournamnets. She sucks."
Old 01-16-2006, 03:13 AM

cute asian girl liz is also very good. She plays the 3-6, 400-800 limits at commerce.