Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2006, 09:09 AM

Default Not a TPTK hand

UTG+1 is 44/9/1.23 over 99.
UTG+2 is 33/8/1.4 over 85.
MP2 is 52/5/1.28 over 283.
Button is 47/0/.67 over 131.
UTG and SB are unknown.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (7 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, MP2 calls, Button calls, SB folds, Hero calls, UTG folds, UTG+1 folds.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+2 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP2 folds, Button calls.

River: (9.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB

Haupt_234
Old 06-14-2006, 10:17 AM

Default Re: Not a TPTK hand

i would lead the river. the ace is a good scare card and given your prior action you may fold a split. that said, he sure does have calling station stats so you may be ahead of his 77 or 99 anyway. it's thin, but i think there is value in it if you consider the chance he may fold and the fact that you might be ahead.
Old 06-14-2006, 10:20 AM

I dont like b/f because of buttons stats. I favour c/c. Anybody argue for c/f?
Old 06-14-2006, 10:25 AM

Would this not be a good situation to raise the flop? *edit Oh wait I missed the c/r on the turn somehow...
Old 06-14-2006, 10:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont like b/f because of buttons stats. I favour c/c.

[/ QUOTE ]

you have it backwards. button is not raising a worse hand if you bet. EASY fold against that loosepassive.
Old 06-14-2006, 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you have it backwards. button is not raising a worse hand if you bet. EASY fold against that loosepassive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was more meaning that I dont like a bet on the river. To make myself clear, there are 3 lines b/f, c/c and c/f. I prefer the second line
Old 06-14-2006, 11:30 AM

these types of flops, i always lead. if raised (and the board is not too draw likely), i fold. if raised (and the board is draw heavy), i call....
Old 06-14-2006, 12:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Was more meaning that I dont like a bet on the river. To make myself clear, there are 3 lines b/f, c/c and c/f. I prefer the second line

[/ QUOTE ]

let me make myself clear, the loose-passive will usually NOT bet any hand that you beat. if you call a bet from the LP you will be losing, well, almost always. by betting you get value from the hands he will check behind(i.e. those you beat)and by c/calling you put money in almost only as a loser. see why betting is better; check folding may be best, but c/c is the worst.
Old 06-14-2006, 12:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
these types of flops, i always lead

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

Haupt_234
Old 06-14-2006, 12:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

let me make myself clear, the loose-passive will usually NOT bet any hand that you beat. if you call a bet from the LP you will be losing, well, almost always. by betting you get value from the hands he will check behind(i.e. those you beat)and by c/calling you put money in almost only as a loser. see why betting is better; check folding may be best, but c/c is the worst.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are definitely correct in this situation. Even a passive player might try to bluff on the A, better to bet and get him to fold or call a worse hand then to only let him bet good hands or bluff an A and put you in a bad spot. Player is way too passive to raise with anything worse than the trip 3s.