Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2006, 09:16 AM

Default Re: ($22) hows my line?

[ QUOTE ]
So you think i overplayed this i figured im in position with only 6 left and most the time here IMO TPGK is going to be good enough here do you not think? these are donks remember

[/ QUOTE ]

Not neccassarily. Viallain could easily have raised with AK/AQ. When you don't flop anything your going to throw it away because he will likely c-bet at you. You will only hit top pair about 25% of the time, and when that top pair is the jack, I'm scared of an overpair. On top of that the blinds are still to act behind you. BB is likely to come along for the ride and either can still reraise forcing you to throw it away. Would you call here if this was A10?
Old 06-14-2006, 09:18 AM

i generally hate AJ and im sure as you move up it becomes less valauble. So you think even in position its not worth going to war? i guess i still have 16 BB left and can wait?
Old 06-14-2006, 09:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeh I think he has a pocket medium pair. You have position and you will win the hand 45% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. How can you put him on a medium pocket pair. I've seen viallains miniraise UTG here will all kinds of hands, putting him squarely on 77/88/99/TT is ridiculous.
2. You won't win the hand 45% of the time. You will only flop top pair like 25-30% of the time??? Your likely not going to see the turn and river if you don't flop top pair, so you won't win 45% of the time
Old 06-14-2006, 09:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've seen viallains miniraise UTG here will all kinds of hands

[/ QUOTE ]

Well then surely you can find a call in position with AJ?

[ QUOTE ]
You won't win the hand 45% of the time. You will only flop top pair like 25-30% of the time???

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, ok you won't see the turn and river that often in reality but statistically you win the hand 45% of the time.

Listen I can see where you're coming from when you say fold PF but 2xBB is not screaming strength and since you admit yourself that at this level UTG can raise with all kinds of hands I think I would call it.
Old 06-14-2006, 09:32 AM

I didnt mean all kinds of hands, sorry I phrased it wrong. I meant not just medium pocket pairs. A lot of villains play AA, KK, QQ this way, and a lot will play AK, AQ this way. I think there is a good chance you will hit a second best hand if you take a flop here, and end up getting stacked.
Old 06-14-2006, 09:45 AM

so pretty much going round in circles here, Dont suppose tiger or Curtains or someone can come clear this up please?
Old 06-14-2006, 09:47 AM

I'm not tiger or curtains, buuut..

1) Fold PF

2) check behind turn
Old 06-14-2006, 10:02 AM

Yes! Backup has arived! Sorry machine, I'm not very good at explaining things like this to people. Take FeNeFs word for it though, this is a fold pf.
Old 06-14-2006, 10:03 AM

I have to agree that the call PF was the quesiotnable. You don't have enought chips tp miss too many flops. IMO, you either put him on a weak ace(we need reads for this), and push, or fold. With his chips if he is playing a weaker ace like A7-AT, then he will probably call, thinking you are desperate. But we didn't raise so, we go from there. He plays this hand as if it is A7-AT, so it seems the only thing to worry about is A9(2 pair), which he really could have. When you call with a hand like this, you can't just be playing for the pair of Jacks on the flop, it has to be the Ace or Jack that will win the hand for you. The point I'm trying to make is you have to be willing to push with the ace or jack, which you did, so I have no problem with the turn, given the pot size, his lack of showing strength, and at this point you are shortstacked, even shorter than before.
Old 06-14-2006, 10:09 AM

thats ok jamie i got it now fold AJ to a pre-flop raise its a hand that is better to open than to follow with. AJ value is in blind stealing most probably. Assuming i had AQ would this line be ok or would you push?