View Poll Results: Player of the Game?
Troy Smith 13 46.43%
Ted Ginn, Jr 14 50.00%
A. J. Hawk 1 3.57%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-14-2006, 12:16 AM

Default Re: ***NBA FINALS***

[ QUOTE ]

well given I never saw a regular season Heat game I'de lean towards not being that hardcore...I in general am not a huge basketball fan...can't stand college BB.

[/ QUOTE ]

CDS,

Please stop using "we" and "our" when referring to the Heat.

Thanks.
Old 06-14-2006, 12:17 AM

Default Re: fouls

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
looks like the refs don't want this series 3-0. What a [censored] joke.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. That was one of the worst 6 minute stretches of reffing I've ever seen.

-2nd to last Wade foul (made layup + FT)- WTF? star-favoritism at its worst, I'm not sure there was even any physical contact
-missed an easy blocking foul around half court by Wade around 2:20 left that should have fouled him out
-missed an AWFUL series of 2 moving screens by Shaq, one on the fanside low block when Wade had the ball in the corner, i can't remember the details of the other
-missed an easy off the ball foul on Haslem when Dirk was trying to post him up with Terry at the fanside 45 degree spot
-missed a blatant pushoff to get a rebound by Shaq that lead to an offensive board and those 2 crucial free throws

The refs gave that game away about as hard as is possible. The more NBA playoffs I watch, the more I'm convinced Stern is rigging it

[/ QUOTE ]

Please get over this. They go both ways. What about that "foul" on Shaq with no contact at all (the one that led to the GP tech)?
Old 06-14-2006, 12:18 AM

By the way...

[ QUOTE ]

I don't remember saying Wade had a bad game. I said he didn't dominate like he's capable of. If he took over in the fourth quarter, the Heat would have won. The opportunity was there throughout the game.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-14-2006, 12:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
missed a blatant pushoff to get a rebound by Shaq that lead to an offensive board and those 2 crucial free throws

[/ QUOTE ]
That seemed like the turning point to me. Still, good to see that this series has potential not to be a borefest. I'm sure this'll serve as a good wakeup call for the Mavs.

Was a good game.
Old 06-14-2006, 12:20 AM

[Quote]Agreed. That was one of the worst 6 minute stretches of reffing I've ever seen.

-2nd to last Wade foul (made layup + FT)- WTF? star-favoritism at its worst, I'm not sure there was even any physical contact
-missed an easy blocking foul around half court by Wade around 2:20 left that should have fouled him out
-missed an AWFUL series of 2 moving screens by Shaq, one on the fanside low block when Wade had the ball in the corner, i can't remember the details of the other
-missed an easy off the ball foul on Haslem when Dirk was trying to post him up with Terry at the fanside 45 degree spot
-missed a blatant pushoff to get a rebound by Shaq that lead to an offensive board and those 2 crucial free throws

The refs gave that game away about as hard as is possible. The more NBA playoffs I watch, the more I'm convinced Stern is rigging it

[/ QUOTE ]

What game during the entire playoffs has not had poor officiating? Saw a bunch of poor calls tonight on both sides.
Old 06-14-2006, 12:21 AM

The Mavs have won 1 game in the playoffs reffed by Danny Crawford.

When Dirk scored 50.
Old 06-14-2006, 12:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
looks like the refs don't want this series 3-0. What a [censored] joke.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. That was one of the worst 6 minute stretches of reffing I've ever seen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please get over this. They go both ways. What about that "foul" on Shaq with no contact at all (the one that led to the GP tech)?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't deny that they go both ways, they always do. Had this game been played in Dallas, I think the refs probably would have favored them instead. There were a few bad calls that went the Mavs way this game, and there were more than a few in the two games prior.

That said, wtf. The Mavs didn't help their cause with their atrocious offense in the final minutes, but no way the Heat won this game without major ref help. Cut the listed fouls in half, which would still be bad officiating, and the Mavs still win.
Old 06-14-2006, 12:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What game during the entire playoffs has not had poor officiating? Saw a bunch of poor calls tonight on both sides.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only way the final minutes of this game would have been even remotely justified would be if the refs had given equal assistance to the Mavs. And anyone who watched their 3rd and early 4th quarter tear could tell the Heat were imploding much more than the refs were helping.
Old 06-14-2006, 12:28 AM

Goes both ways.

The one truth that has been exposed despite this win

The Heat need to play perfect defense and offense for at least 40 minutes in order to win without a huge comeback.

The Mavs can play poorly for 40 minutes and still win by playing perfect for 8 minutes
Old 06-14-2006, 12:30 AM

Oh cmon I'm getting really really tired how everyone complains about refs in all sports. Anytime a team wins, opposing fans find a way to place blame on the refs and take away credit from the winning team.