Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2006, 08:15 PM

Default Re: You are a shark!

[ QUOTE ]
I learned a long time ago from The DaveR after a live hand that scrub played against me that SB SHOULD have a monster here. Most likely SB has 33 (only one combo of 77 left) and the shark should not give any more action UI.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why should he have a monster more than another 2 pair or draw?
Old 06-13-2006, 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I learned a long time ago from The DaveR after a live hand that scrub played against me that SB SHOULD have a monster here. Most likely SB has 33 (only one combo of 77 left) and the shark should not give any more action UI.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Check/raising with a draw here is very bad because there a good number of hands the BB could have here to 3-bet the flop and blast the field. There aren't that many two pair combos and the weaker ones like 37s (unlikely first off) should be played differently on the flop imo (lead into the pfr).
Old 06-13-2006, 08:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

haha i remember that hand. daver called your flop c/r on something like an A83r board and your A8 loses to his 66 after you 5-bet him on the 6 turn. (daver thought you had 88)

[/ QUOTE ]

That hand is from the same night and serves as another good example. The hand I was thinking of went something like this.

There were two bad limpers and I raised in the CO. scrub called in the BB and the flop came something like J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. scrub led and the limpers called. I called too. The turn brought the Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and scrub led again. The limpers folded and I raised.

What hands should I raise here? What hands should I not raise here?
Old 06-13-2006, 08:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Check/raising with a draw here is very bad because there a good number of hands the BB could have here to 3-bet the flop and blast the field. There aren't that many two pair combos and the weaker ones like 37s (unlikely first off) should be played differently on the flop imo (lead into the pfr).

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if we just say A3... there are 6 combos of those compared to 4 set combos (33,77).

The tough thing IMO is that his aggression will force us to call down and lose the max if we are behind and raise the turn, since he may 3b A3 there as well as 33/77. Not sure about that, since it would be stupid, but Nate says he's really aggro. Anyway, that would be another argument for your more passive line. Also an argument for capping the flop rather than waiting for the turn.
Old 06-13-2006, 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
SB is a TAG. Very aggressive postflop (19/13/2.7)

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Even if we just say A3... there are 6 combos of those
compared to 4 set combos (33,77).

[/ QUOTE ]

There are not six combos of A3 for the SB to have here because he doesn't complete with all of them.
Old 06-13-2006, 09:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

haha i remember that hand. daver called your flop c/r on something like an A83r board and your A8 loses to his 66 after you 5-bet him on the 6 turn. (daver thought you had 88)

[/ QUOTE ]

I almost folded the river.
Old 06-14-2006, 12:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I almost folded the river.

[/ QUOTE ]
pussy [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-14-2006, 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
SB is a TAG. Very aggressive postflop (19/13/2.7)

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Even if we just say A3... there are 6 combos of those
compared to 4 set combos (33,77).

[/ QUOTE ]

There are not six combos of A3 for the SB to have here because he doesn't complete with all of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

If that is right, then there is exactly 1: Ah3h.

I'm not sure it is, but I think you are right that the others should be discounted at the very least, and given this we are probably behind.

Given our massive overlay, however, I don't think you can simply conclude that we should give no more action. But I am alot closer to believing we shouldn't after reading your argument.
Old 06-14-2006, 02:42 PM

Default Newbie Question

Quote "Very aggressive postflop (19/13/2.7)"

These numbers are in a lot of posts. What do they mean?

Thanks.

Fred
Old 06-16-2006, 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That hand is from the same night and serves as another good example. The hand I was thinking of went something like this.

There were two bad limpers and I raised in the CO. scrub called in the BB and the flop came something like J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. scrub led and the limpers called. I called too. The turn brought the Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and scrub led again. The limpers folded and I raised.

What hands should I raise here? What hands should I not raise here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I’ll take a shot here. Scrub might lead the flop with Asxs, but no way on the turn unless he has AsQs, which would likely have 3 bet preflop, so that’s unlikely. Given this board a J surely would have c/r’d the flop. So he’s got to have two pair or a set to lead the turn as well here. Maybe J7 but more likely 33 or 77. I’m not sure how likely Scrubs is to have called pf with J7s so that’s getting discounted. I would raise 77 or better.