[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Grindcore - Black Dahlia Murder, Misery Index

[/ QUOTE ]
no

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Miasma is a deadly reinvention of The Black Dahlia Murder's nefariously nasty melodic death metal sound"
(source: http://www.metalblade.com/bands/BDM/index2005.html)

Dying fetus quote included:
you god-damned bitch, [censored] clueless
Old 06-11-2006, 03:36 AM

Default Re: Metal and other rock music songs

I saw In Flames, soilwork and a bunch of other melodic metal bands but no Trivium, God Forbid or Killswitch Engage [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] You really need to check these bands out if you like melodic metal, it just doesnt get any better. If your more of a metal/rock guy pick up some Blac Label Society CDs
Old 06-11-2006, 01:48 PM

I don't OOT much, but I'm actually sorry I missed this until now. I'm 31, and I started listening to metal in the 8th grade (LOL, playing "I'm the Man" with Mom driving me with my buds to a Phillies game). That's about 1988 or so, probably the year you were born. Didn't read the thread yet.

[ QUOTE ]
Metallica- only albums I have are Master of puppets and ride the lightning. I hear the black album is supposed to be a sell out record. What other albums besides the other 2 do you recommend?

[/ QUOTE ]

Metallica, in order: ... And Justice for All, Kill 'Em All, Master of Puppets, Ride the Lightning. (I have Garage Days Re-revisited [the $9.98 CD], a rare out of print disc that rocks, so I guess the new garage album is worth a few bucks.) Nothing from the black album and since IMHO, although many will and do disagree.

[ QUOTE ]
Iron Maiden- I have a [censored] load off songs, brother's friend downloaded like 40 something songs on my computer so no problem hear

[/ QUOTE ]

That's good news. The older the better, can't go wrong. Killers Live is good for all occasions.

[ QUOTE ]
Black Sabbath- I've heard a grand total of two of there songs and loved them (Ironman and Crazy Train) what albums would you recommend?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have the greatest hits collection somewhere. Again, the older the better and you really can't go wrong.

[ QUOTE ]
Megadeth- Already have a ton of there songs, no problems there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Peace Sells, But Who's Buying may be my favorite metal album of all thime. So Far, So Good, So What rocks. Killing Is My Business is also recommended. Listen for the base line from "Four Horsemen" (see Kill Em All).

[ QUOTE ]
Nirvana- Have there CD nevermind, freakin awesome I think, probably my favorite CD I have. Any other good CDs for Nirvana.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not metal per se, Grunge. That said, Nevermind was on auto loop when I did my AP Calculus summer homework in its entirety the night before HS Senior Year started, so I have a special place in my heart for it. The MTV Unplugged album is also a favorite of mine for sooth and mellow.

[ QUOTE ]
Led Zeppelin-Only CD I have is there greatest hits CD. Any recommendations?

[/ QUOTE ]

I - III, Physical Graffitti. IV (Zoso) is a classic, but I've heard it exatctly eleventy billion times.

[ QUOTE ]
Guns and roses- once again, just there greatest hits except for some leaked Chinese Democracy songs I downloaded on the interweb, which is g00t. I hear appetite of destruction is a good CD, so I'll look for that, anything else?

[/ QUOTE ]

Appetite was the first metal disc I ever bought when it was in new release. Rocks. Use Your Illusions were pretty good, but I never owned them. Look for "Lies" as well.

[ QUOTE ]
So, Metal Fans, what am I missing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Anthrax: Everything up to and including Attack of the Kiler B's (Among the Living, I'm the Man, Spreading the Disease, Fistful of Metal, Persistence of Time, State of Euphoria).

Slayer

Judas Priest. Misfits (more punk than metal). Ozzy post Sabbath. Exodus. Suicidal Tendancies.
Old 06-13-2006, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am big into "extreme" metal. When I'm asked, I like to recomend the band Opeth to someone just getting into hard metal. They are very good muscians, with elements of all kinds of metal.

When you're ready to move on to Death Metal, Black Metal, Goregrind, or Grindcore, let me know.

[/ QUOTE ]

Recommend me some high quality Grindcore (especially high quality recordings). Thnx.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry, I just saw this. Some CDs i would recomendin no order)

Pig Destroyer - Prowler in the Yard & Terrifyer
Agoriphobic Nosebleed - Altered States of America & Frozen Corpse Stuffed w/ Dope
Agoriphobic Nosebleed/Converge Split - The Poacher Diaries
Nasum - I haven't got it yet, but "Grind Finale" is supposed the be great, before that I would recomend Human 2.0 & Shift
Gadget - Remote (probably my favorite CD that came out in 2005)
Rotten Sound - Muderworks & Exit
Leng Tch'e - Manmadepreditor & Process of Elimination, they sound a lot different cuz of the new singer on PoE, but both really good.
I could get into more when I get home, but thats some of my favorite Grindcore.

Also, I can't end without telling you to check out Aborted - The Archaic Abattoir (Goregrind) or Soilent Green - Sewn Mouth Secrets, but you probably already know about them.

Also, as posted, Yes, Napalm Death, the Grandads of Grind, also much love for Terrorizer, Carcass, Brutal Truth, etc. etc.

Also, "Grindcore = BDM", BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Old 06-13-2006, 04:07 PM

If you like death metal i would check out Black Dahlia Murder. Especially the Unhallowed album.

Power metal:
Blind Guardian (not sure if theyre actually power metal but its the only genre i can think of)

Dragon Force

oh also check out the Dillinger Escape Plan
Old 06-13-2006, 07:12 PM

I forgot one of my favoites right now, Despised Icon.
Old 06-13-2006, 07:37 PM

New satyricon is pretty good if we are talking about Black metal.

Immortal
Emporer
Zyklon
Dimmu Borgir

Will give an overview of what its about before heading off into the more extreme stuff.

Carcass as mentioned above are a hidden gem than many US people might not know about, Heartwork was my favourite and was probably when their sound really matured.
Old 06-26-2006, 12:38 AM

Bump because:

1) I'm an late 80s thrash metal kid and I just had the best workout of my life with some Reign in Blood that I just threw for the first time in 4 years or so.

2) I need more thrash metal, preferably Slayer-y. Great thread.

3) I used the search function. Go me.

4)
Old 06-26-2006, 12:55 AM

NIN- Pretty Hate Machine and the Downward Spiral.