Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2006, 08:55 AM

Default AQ, am I too passive?

Starting out at 6max switching from full-ring and I'm afraid I'm missing some value-bets/raises when playing the more aggressive opponents.

How is my line on this one? Is this an easy value raise on the river? Should I just call his raise on the flop and raise a blank turn?
SB is 22/14/4.4 after 130 hands or so. I have seen him get a bit out of line in blind battles, but otherwise seems fairly solid.
BB is LPP with 60/2/0.5 or so after just 50 hands.
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12 BB
Old 06-13-2006, 09:13 AM

Default Re: AQ, am I too passive?

Super standard
Old 06-13-2006, 11:46 AM

Looks fine to me, I hate getting capped here with the J out, because AK and AJ are now ahead...seems pretty standard.
Old 06-13-2006, 11:55 AM

This guy would 3-bet preflop with AJ. He probably has A5 and got counterfeited on the river.
I really like raising this river and folding to a 3-bet since the flush card and paired board pretty much guarantees that we will only get 3-bet by a monster
Old 06-13-2006, 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This guy would 3-bet preflop with AJ. He probably has A5 and got counterfeited on the river.
I really like raising this river and folding to a 3-bet since the flush card and paired board pretty much guarantees that we will only get 3-bet by a monster

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont you think that someone who is capping the flop with A5 might try to 3 bet the river every once in awhile when on tilt? You want to give yourself the chance to fold a ~13BB pot to some tilting lunatic? He is very very aggro, a call would be a must if you took that line.
Old 06-13-2006, 01:56 PM

From the sounds of it, you won?

This looks fine to me.
Old 06-13-2006, 02:43 PM

Oink : Play this any more aggro is asking for trouble; well played.