Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2006, 12:03 PM

Default Re: What happened to Poker Mountain?

[ QUOTE ]

On another note, we plan on supporting several platforms, including Mac (probably not right out of the gate), but now that Macs do Windows, is the Mac issue as big as it used to be?

[/ QUOTE ]

It is still an issue. People who buy Macs do so because they want to use Mac and not Windows. So if you expect to build a windows client and that Mac users will just install windows to run your software, you'd be sadly mistaken. If you offer a native Mac client, I'm almost guaranteed to download it and try it out because I'd much rather play natively on my Mac OS.

If i'm going to go through the hassle of installing Windows on my Mac, I'm not going to do it to play a small site like Poker Mountain. I'd play at Stars or Party, where I know I can find some good action. Take Pokerroom and Full Tilt as examples. I'd likely have never played pokerroom or full tilt but the ability to play natively on my Mac was highly compelling.

P.S. Not willing to get into a Mac vs. Windows debate with other posters here. Just giving greatbrit my opinion on them offering both Mac and Windows clients. Choosing a computer is like choosing a car. It's combination of personal preferences and feature sets that appeal to you that cause you to choose one over the other.
Old 06-10-2006, 12:22 PM

Thanks thirteen, after all the big announcements of Windows on a Mac I didn't realize that it still wasn't fully integrated, I was 'ass'uming it would come pre-installed and that Windows applications would just become another window on the Mac desktop. Maybe we should work on that instead [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Paul
Old 06-10-2006, 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks thirteen, after all the big announcements of Windows on a Mac I didn't realize that it still wasn't fully integrated, I was 'ass'uming it would come pre-installed and that Windows applications would just become another window on the Mac desktop. Maybe we should work on that instead [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Paul

[/ QUOTE ]

If we wanted windows, we'd buy a PC.
Old 06-10-2006, 12:35 PM

actually windows offers so many more options than a mac. Only an idiot would use a mac today.

On a mac, I can play some poker rooms. On a windows pc, I can play them all.

greatbrit, I wouldn't worry about mac or linux users one bit.

cheers
Boon
Old 06-10-2006, 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
actually windows offers so many more options than a mac. Only an idiot would use a mac today.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're wrong, but lets keep this on topic.
Old 06-10-2006, 01:40 PM

You may be able to have your cake and eat it too.

Appeal to the casual players as you intend, with bingo prizes and freerolls.

Over on a link called "high-volume", explain that your rake structure is the lowest on the internet. Make it lower by a substantial amount. If it's better than rakeback AND you have a large pool of casual players, you will get high-volume players.

Once you get these high volume players, give them something else. It won't have to be much, as these people are playing in soft games with minimal rake. Just a consistent and well-stocked store or a monthly reload might be enough.

If you manage to do all of this, major success is just ahead. You'd be the first, however. One of the major players is simply riding thier marketing saturation from a few years ago and the other relys on having "the best tournaments on the net".

Oh yeah, make your windows resizable too [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-11-2006, 11:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not only ignorant, but borderline trolling. IF you really would like to discuss this, make a post in the software forum where I and other Mac users here would be happy to debate this with you.

Don't highjack this thread by posting nonsense intended to stir people up.
Old 06-13-2006, 02:19 AM

Thanks smoore, some interesting ideas there, I've passed them along. And yes, we've got our Windows covered [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Paul
Old 06-13-2006, 02:50 AM

I was not trying to hijack the thread but stating that a software developer trying to implement a new version of his software should not worry about mac users as a high priority.

Deal with it.

cheers
Boon
Old 06-13-2006, 10:15 PM

Brown Thumb v. Poo Mountain: The Thread