Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2006, 12:29 AM

Default OT: I Know Everyone Hates These, But a Stats Question

Okay, a year ago, I was a horrible player. Six months ago, I was a… not totally horrible player, but played around too much and didn't really try. Right around New Year's I decided to start taking poker really seriously. At the time I had ~$300, and switched between $6.50s, $11s, and $16s.

Six Months later here I am, and I feel my game has improved beyond belief. I currently 10-table the $60s. Sometimes I still do things, and 10 seconds later go "WTF did I just do that for?" - I still wouldn't call myself a great player, but I'm... decent and improving every day.

Since before I was too poor to buy anything, and just sorta forgot they existed after so long playing without them, I never bought any software to track my stats (I should probably get some now, suggestions?) Because of this I’ve never been one to keep up with stats, I know I’m doing good if the money in my account is going up, and bad if it’s going down. I’ve only checked my stats once before (10 or 11% ROI in March, I think I was 4 tabling 27s for most of that)

But since I’m saving my FFP points for something big (not sure what yet, that 50” plasma is looking nice… But I might get something else), I’ve found that in the last 6 weeks I’ve had a ~6.9% ROI while continuously 10-tabling the Pokerstars 60s (sometimes 8 when I’m feeling lazy, or 12 if I start getting bored with 10, but almost always 10). I was finishing up school during this period, so it’s only right under 1700 SNGs, but that’s a decent sample size – right?

So is 6.9% ROI good for 10-tabling the 60s? Is it a little low – lots of room to improve? Is it a little high – running hot for the last few weeks?

I doesn’t sound bad, and I’m making a lot of money so I’m not complaining, just curious.
Old 06-13-2006, 12:39 AM

Default Re: OT: I Know Everyone Hates These, But a Stats Question

thats pretty low, but you are 10 tabling so not much far behind me 8 tabling. dombasas (a semi regular $60er) bought sharkscope and said there were only 3 of us with over 15% roi at the $60s from when he did the search. me, him, and someone else. i think you should be able to do better than 7%

btw that 50inch plasma looks niiiiice. ive got 155k, almost there!
Old 06-13-2006, 01:49 AM

Default Re: OT: I Know Everyone Hates These, But a Stats Question

party sucks.. i'm saving up my points to buy a 'chino machine...