Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2006, 09:48 AM

Default Re: AA nl100 - too passive line?

[ QUOTE ]
i dont think he has a FD here. im putting villian on a PP, maybe A8/7. You might be able to stack TT but the risk that he was a set made a str8 and having him 3bet the turn is an ugly and you want to get to SD.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess we have to agree to disagree here. I have to run. However, you are right that we want to get to showdown, but we also want his whole stack, and playing passivly will not do that for us.

Others feel ree to chime in.

-Tick
Old 06-12-2006, 10:22 AM

What did villain wake up with on the turn? Either calling down or raising is fine depending on hero's read. IF villain is not capable of bluffing here, then I get to a showdown.

Tickner, in situations like this, I don't like to get my stack if a passive villain (average SSNLer) starts taking shots at me. I take the cheap showdown and get a read so I can get his stack (or save my stack) the next time he pulls this.
Old 06-12-2006, 10:25 AM

You want to play for your stack with AA pre-flop.

But once the flop comes down and you didn't improve, all you have is one pair. You probably still have the best hand, but your goal shouldn't be to get your stack in anymore.

Villain could have hit TP and think OP is just making a continuation bet with overs. Raising that turn will fold those hands, but straights and sets will still call.

OP's line will keep worse hands in.
Old 06-12-2006, 11:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Tickner, in situations like this, I don't like to get my stack if a passive villain (average SSNLer) starts taking shots at me. I take the cheap showdown and get a read so I can get his stack (or save my stack) the next time he pulls this.

[/ QUOTE ]
That was my thought as well. Villain had only 70bbs so I figured him for a weaker player and they usually are passive so when he starts leading into me alarm bells go off. He had 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] for a turned straight. He actually didn't play it that bad. the more common line is check-min raise the turn which often lets me get away rather cheap.
Old 06-12-2006, 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You want to play for your stack with AA pre-flop.

But once the flop comes down and you didn't improve, all you have is one pair. You probably still have the best hand, but your goal shouldn't be to get your stack in anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not saying you want to always get your stack in whenever you get to a flop with AA. No no. But with a board like this? Hell yeah I want to get my stack in. We beat so many hands. I am a very agressive player, and I usually get aggro on raggedy boards. Villians willl see how agressive I am nad play back with A8 for example. This is totally situation dependant, but in this particular situation, I am trying to extract as many chips as I can, and will glady take it to the felt on the flop/turn, or river in this case.

[ QUOTE ]
Villain could have hit TP and think OP is just making a continuation bet with overs. Raising that turn will fold those hands...

[/ QUOTE ]

You'd be suprised.

-Tick
Old 06-12-2006, 07:18 PM

Push the turn or the river. My god, you have AA. Monkey probably has 86.
Old 06-12-2006, 07:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Push the turn or the river. My god, you have AA. Monkey probably has 86.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? I usually interpret the turn donk to "Hey...lookatthat...I just made two pair! And I don't know enough to check-raise."
Old 06-12-2006, 07:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pot the Flop, Re-pot the Turn, Push the River.

[/ QUOTE ]

What if villain pushes back at you on the turn?