Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2006, 05:12 PM

Default Re: getting cute with 44

lead the turn? To easy to get push off best hand?
Old 01-14-2006, 05:54 PM

who says he's gonna call w/ AK or AQ, if anything he's raising you saying " i have a big pair " and you have just gotten bluffed off the best hand.
Old 01-14-2006, 06:00 PM

I think the villain could have a big range here including a lot of Aces and KQ etc... Therefore, I check raise all-in on the flop. Villain will have to call about 5,000 more. If he doesn't have a medium pair or higher he's gonna fold. I don't make a smaller raise because any raise pot committs me and I don't wanna get reraised off the best hand.
Old 01-14-2006, 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the villain could have a big range here including a lot of Aces and KQ etc... Therefore, I check raise all-in on the flop. Villain will have to call about 5,000 more. If he doesn't have a medium pair or higher he's gonna fold. I don't make a smaller raise because any raise pot committs me and I don't wanna get reraised off the best hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

do you make the same c/r all-in with 78? cause if villain is calling a c/r a-i, they're about the same (except for the 2 outs).
Old 01-14-2006, 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lead the turn? To easy to get push off best hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, and get pushed off a decent draw.
Old 01-14-2006, 06:29 PM

i think you definitely needed to reraise after the flop. if you get re-re-raised you can pretty safely let it go. I dont think you ever tried to win this pot. if he's aggro pre, how is he after? He might have had just ace high but you never defined your hand. be a little more aggressive
Old 01-14-2006, 06:35 PM

i think the seven was an even more reason to bet. it's a semi-bluff with a chance to win it right there. villian also seemed a little weak to bet 800 again if he just had a medium sized over pair. he would bet a lot more if he had 88-qq. more than likely he has overs and you shouldve bet the open ended.
Old 01-14-2006, 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think you definitely needed to reraise after the flop. if you get re-re-raised you can pretty safely let it go. I dont think you ever tried to win this pot. if he's aggro pre, how is he after? He might have had just ace high but you never defined your hand. be a little more aggressive

[/ QUOTE ]

and that's bad because....? not tipping off the strength of my hand is a good thing, not a bad thing.

if i c/r the flop, he plays perfectly. he folds overs and calls/reraises overpairs.
Old 01-14-2006, 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think the seven was an even more reason to bet. it's a semi-bluff with a chance to win it right there. villian also seemed a little weak to bet 800 again if he just had a medium sized over pair. he would bet a lot more if he had 88-qq. more than likely he has overs and you shouldve bet the open ended.

[/ QUOTE ]

one reason i don't like this line is that i can get raised off my hand. if he is going to be bet small on the flop, he'll likely do it again on the turn and i can draw and get to a cheap showdown. my hand is good enough to win a small pot at showdown but it will not win a big one.
Old 01-14-2006, 07:52 PM

I don't like your line, a cheap showdown works better when you are in position, making him play correctly is a small loss of potential EV, losing the pot by closing the flop and turn with calls lets him draw for free and can cause large loss-the pot.