Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2006, 01:43 AM

Default Re: What do I need to call this restealerfreak? (Ph1LLeDINGUE)

[ QUOTE ]
Thank mods for moving this.

Can I get some real response. I have been running over the table, and he is the only one playing back. So busting him would be sweet. Plus i feel he pushes a huge range here. (Doesnt now if he need a real hand the 3. time..)

I did 2 weak folds here. 1 push i had 9high, but 2. i folded KQo and third A8s. Booth folds seemed ultra weak.

Nath can you help me a little here? You face this situasions alot?

- B

[/ QUOTE ]

Each situation depends on your chip stack, his chip stack, the blinds, his position, and your position.

If I'm on the button or maybe in the cutoff and he's in the blinds I'm more inclined to call with those hands than if I'm a seat or two earlier and he's behind me.

If his push is enough that I'm getting decent odds and am not crippled, I'm more inclined to call.

These will be easier if you post the exact hand histories from each three.
Old 06-12-2006, 01:53 AM

Doesnt have handhistory. But 2 last hand was very like.

2 Im cuttoff 2000/4000 + antes (800?) i open for 10 000 (standard). HE pushes button totall 100.000. I have 280.000.

3. Im Cutoff 2000/4000 + antes i open for 10 000 cutoff, he pushes from sb total 120 000. I have 240 000. This was 1 orbit later.
Old 06-12-2006, 02:05 AM

Since ur the big stack and ppl think ur crazy, and especially the postions in hand #2 I think I'd call there with KQ.

In hand #3, A8 isnt really very good...but the positions and the fact hes gotten you to fold twice already do argue for a call...close one. I'd rather call with KQ than A8 in any event.
Old 06-12-2006, 02:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Since ur the big stack and ppl think ur crazy, and especially the postions in hand #2 I think I'd call there with KQ.

In hand #3, A8 isnt really very good...but the positions and the fact hes gotten you to fold twice already do argue for a call...close one. I'd rather call with KQ than A8 in any event.

[/ QUOTE ]

I feeled weak. I was afraid of bigger ace on last.. I agree with you 100%. I had called a few smallstacks allinn with potodds and crap hands. So it want like i was raise-folding either..

- B