Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2006, 07:53 PM

Default Would you make this call?

The following hand took me all the time in the 'timebank'.... My read is that I have the first player on AA no draw. Player two who calls all in I put on trips or top two pairs(first thought is 666)... I do not put any one of them on flush or straight draw and I have played with them before.

In the heat of the battle i select to call because I feel I have enough outs to warrant the call. I like to play with a big stack so if I loose i will reload and probally be paid off on all my monsters.

Would you make this call... Would love some feedback on this hand and your opinions!

Poker Stars
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
9 players

Stack sizes:
UTG: $20
UTG+1: $50.80
MP1: $13.20
MP2: $51.50
MP3: $29.40
CO: $53.95
Button: $37.20
HERO: $53.60
BB: $53.20

Pre-flop: (9 players) HERO is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG (poster) checks, UTG+1 calls, MP1 (poster) checks, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button folds, HERO calls, BB (poster) checks.

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($3.5, 7 players)
HERO checks, BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets $2</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, HERO calls, BB folds.

Turn: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($13.5, 5 players)
HERO checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets $12.85</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#cc0000">MP1 calls all-in $10.7</font>, MP3 folds, HERO calls.

River: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($49.9, 2 players + 1 all-in - Main pot: $45.6, Sidepot 1: $4.3)
<font color="#cc0000">HERO bets $6</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG calls all-in $4.65</font>.
Uncalled bets: $1.35 returned to HERO.

Results:
Final pot: $59.2

Their mucked hands (in white)
<font color="white">Player 1 mucked: [3s Kd 3h 5d]</font>
<font color="white">Player 2 mucked: [7s 6s Ac Kh]</font>
<font color="white">HERO Won: [Jh 5c Js 4h] and won ($56.40) with a straight, Three to Seven </font>
Old 06-11-2006, 08:05 PM

Default Re: Would you make this call?

Yeah probably.

The betting doesn't get significant until 4th street where you pick up 3rd-nut flush draw as well, and there is a bet and call in front of you.

You might have to be worried about a hand like 89Tx calling, spiking an 8, and giving you the ignorant straight. But the hands above were very figurable - the top 3 pair betting, and the diamonds calling.

You only have 3 treys (one of which you found, mind you) for the nuts, so nut-peddlers would digress. But at 25c/50c I think you played it okay.
Old 06-11-2006, 08:08 PM

only one nut peddler at the table, he has been stalking me for days hehe but he is still to bust me :-)
Old 06-11-2006, 08:22 PM

Why do you rule out a draw for MP? Given your read you have enough outs to call, but that is the best case scenario and it sounds like the read was made up to justify the call. I think MP has a draw quite a lot here no matter who he is.
Old 06-11-2006, 08:56 PM

my first thought was 666 and the other i had on AA.

played with them both more than once and have notes on both.

One of them could have the flush diamond draw but at the moment i ruled that out because they both like me to bet out on draws and just smooth call!

Every one at the table knows my love for betting, that is why im ruleing out the flush draw (and i was wrong)!
Old 06-11-2006, 09:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
my first thought was 666 and the other i had on AA.

played with them both more than once and have notes on both.

One of them could have the flush diamond draw but at the moment i ruled that out because they both like me to bet out on draws and just smooth call!

Every one at the table knows my love for betting, that is why im ruleing out the flush draw (and i was wrong)!

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't understand. You don't think MP would play this way with, for example, K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]?? No matter how many pages of notes I have on somebody I couldn't fathom a player who never/rarely had a draw here. UTG having AAA and no draw also seems highly unlikely, this hand leads the flop pretty much never.
Old 06-11-2006, 09:17 PM

im not saying they could not have a draw... perhaps i put to much trust in my read... i dunno... and i was wrong i n this hand with the read (because he had a flush draw)

The hand just stuck in my head and figured i could need some feedback, and i do value your input... like you say it is easy to make a "read" that matches your best case scenario ;-)
Old 06-12-2006, 03:04 AM

I think the turn call is terrible as you're now facing two fl draws with nothing more than J's and a str draw. You lucked out.
Old 06-12-2006, 02:44 PM

Yes I hit (or lucked out)

But one of the flush draws is mine, and I have no reason to think they have a better heart flush draw than me... diamond draw is however scary (considering one of them has it)
Old 06-12-2006, 03:09 PM

I missed your fl draw. Big difference. I'd call the turn to close it out.