Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2006, 10:01 AM

Default Re: High-Stakes Poker Season 2

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I highly doubt he was born in Israel tho. Prolly just his parents (or just his father).

[/ QUOTE ]

Born in Miami. Speaks fluent Hebrew however.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops. I wonder how many rail comment he picked up on. If you read this, I'm sorry I made fun of your posse and the amount of bling bling you wear [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-09-2006, 04:29 AM

Tables are 8 handed this year guys. This episode has following seats filled:

1. Daniel N
2. Grinder
3. Fred "live one" Chamanara
4. Mike M
5. Phil Laak
6. Antonio E
7. Daniel A
8. Farha
Old 06-09-2006, 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tables are 8 handed this year guys. This episode has following seats filled:

1. Daniel N
2. Grinder
4. Mike M
5. Phil Laak
6. Antonio E
7. Daniel A

[/ QUOTE ]

BUMP! I only just watched it...

1. Daniel N
flopped two pair with his QJs, made a bet that prices in just about any of the many draws on that board?
And couldn't he have been a bit nicer to his mom when she came round to bring him some food?

2. Grinder
When they said at the end of the show, "will he continue to pwn this game in the next episode?" I thought, oh - has he been winning? Wasn't he the guy that took like for ever to fold a hand, and said in an interview he was cheatin online as well?

Ugh. Most of his plays ain't that bad - I would have lost a lot more money if I were him. I think the production team is trying to make him look more of a "live one" than he really is. Wouldn't be surprised if he pulls if a major come-back in the last episodes; think wrestling...

4. Mike M
"Hahaha look at me I shouldn't be here cause I'm broke"

5. Phil Laak
That girl of his isn't all that nice, really... At least she didn't really look it on this show.
He made a basic fold and they kept the "blablabla" going for a bit too long I think.

6. Antonio E
What did he say to his "homeboy" in seat 5? "The boys are gamblin', ey Phil?" Something like that. I think we've seen him do some proper playing in the last couple of espisodes of season 1 - but this one episode he seemed more busy representing Rocks and Rings.

7. Daniel A
Didnt' he say a single thing during S01? And now he's yapping and gagging with the boys? Isn't he one of Gigabet's pals?

8. "O dear, my fancy bluffs aren't really working so far... What to do?" Just keep folding with that fake laugh and tell everybody what lousy cards you had.

Hmmm. I didn't like much of it, really. The only thing different from HSP to the WPT is that you don't see them go all-in every hand.

On another note - to all those high-stakes forum posters: looking at this episode, wouldn't you love to get a seat in that game?
Old 06-10-2006, 07:31 PM

Just finally got around to watching this. (I know its late but I feel like posting anyway)
a few things:

1) A some have mentioned those clothed camera's at the table are real annoying. Didn't notice them last year.
2) To those arguing about how many seats there were last year. I beleive last year was 9 handed actually. It seems they moved one of the seats to make room for the above mentioned "clothed camera"
3) Alot of more table talk this year without the announcers getting in the way. ++
4) I found it odd (no one's mentioned this yet) that the announcers didn't really comment on the players stacks and/or buyins. Last year it was xxx bought in for 100k, down to 40k or XXX up 25k so far. They mentioned DN (350k), Laak and Farha (both 100k) but no one else. I wonder if pro's complained last year cause they didn't want anyone to know whether they're winning or losing. Maybe the announcers are just lazy. I don't know...
5) Alai's girlfriend is hot.
Old 06-10-2006, 08:19 PM

3 pages so far and nobody's mentioned once the word "hopetron".....
Old 06-10-2006, 10:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just finally got around to watching this. (I know its late but I feel like posting anyway)
a few things:

1) A some have mentioned those clothed camera's at the table are real annoying. Didn't notice them last year.
2) To those arguing about how many seats there were last year. I beleive last year was 9 handed actually. It seems they moved one of the seats to make room for the above mentioned "clothed camera"
3) Alot of more table talk this year without the announcers getting in the way. ++
4) I found it odd (no one's mentioned this yet) that the announcers didn't really comment on the players stacks and/or buyins. Last year it was xxx bought in for 100k, down to 40k or XXX up 25k so far. They mentioned DN (350k), Laak and Farha (both 100k) but no one else. I wonder if pro's complained last year cause they didn't want anyone to know whether they're winning or losing. Maybe the announcers are just lazy. I don't know...
5) Alai's girlfriend is hot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Last year was 7 handed.
Old 06-11-2006, 04:54 AM

Watching this Chaminara guy makes me feel sad. Someone go and tell him that he can't win by just calling.
Old 06-11-2006, 05:53 AM

Tell that to ted forrest....
Old 06-11-2006, 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3 pages so far and nobody's mentioned once the word "hopetron".....

[/ QUOTE ]

That was a good thing, though...
Old 06-12-2006, 09:19 PM

What have Mattusow and Farha been doing those last two hands? two seperate five card boards? since when was this a part of the game? what other weird things do these guys do?