Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2006, 05:49 PM

Default Re: My little brother just shut our kitty in the door...

[ QUOTE ]
While I don't agree with the family's decision, I think the reactions in this forum are puerile. If the vet isn't open, where is he going to take it and what painkillers is he going to give it? If the kitten was closed hard in the door it probably had severe and irreparable neurological damage that a world renown neurosurgeon wouldn't be able to repair. Some of you have way too much pity for exclusively cute small animals and makes me wonder if you have any idea what's happening in the rest of the world right now. There are soldiers in Africa walking around with fetus necklaces cut from the wombs of living human beings, merely for intimidation purposes. Saying he should kill himself or that his family deserves to die is completely incommensurate to the situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Woah, necklases from fetuses? Where at, explain more etc.
Old 06-11-2006, 05:52 PM

No chance the cat would have recovered given a day or two? Your family was in a pretty big hurry to pop it, perhaps out of cat food and not really wanting to spend money on more? They obviously didn't like the thought of $ going towards this thing
Old 06-11-2006, 05:53 PM

They didn't put the cat out of its misery. He said it wasn't in pain.

Also: agreed, I am stupid for partaking in this thread, but I can't stop!
Old 06-11-2006, 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They didn't put the cat out of its misery. He said it wasn't in pain.

Also: agreed, I am stupid for partaking in this thread, but I can't stop!

[/ QUOTE ]

Im pretty sure if its legs are paralyzed, and from being shut in a door, it is in pain.
Old 06-11-2006, 05:57 PM

all,

Stop anthropomorphising.

ty
Old 06-11-2006, 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Woah, necklases from fetuses? Where at, explain more etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can buy them here (safe)
Old 06-11-2006, 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Guys,
Explain this to me. I hate to think the cat suffered, and cumolinubus' brother is whack, but why such the uproar that his parents shot it and put it out of its misery? Why dont you guys get all bent out of shape about veal, or chickens etc? Is it becuase kitties are cute? I dont see anyone spending 1500$ to nurse the animals they make hot dogs out of. Things like this happen every day, millions of times, on farms and such, why is this such a big deal?

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a difference between companionship animals and farm animals. If only because you don't generally see the animals that are being killed to make our hotdogs. If you did have to watch them being killed for each of our meals, I'm sure there would be a lot more vegeterians out there.

Btw...Didn't you start a thread a couple of days ago specifically to tell us how much you hate animals?
Old 06-11-2006, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Guys,
Explain this to me. I hate to think the cat suffered, and cumolinubus' brother is whack, but why such the uproar that his parents shot it and put it out of its misery? Why dont you guys get all bent out of shape about veal, or chickens etc? Is it becuase kitties are cute? I dont see anyone spending 1500$ to nurse the animals they make hot dogs out of. Things like this happen every day, millions of times, on farms and such, why is this such a big deal?

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a difference between companionship animals and farm animals. If only because you don't generally see the animals that are being killed to make our hotdogs. If you did have to watch them being killed for each of our meals, I'm sure there would be a lot more vegeterians out there.

Btw...Didn't you start a thread a couple of days ago specifically to tell us how much you hate animals?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hate was a strong term, I thought about it, hate implies wanting to harm something, I dont want to harm them, I just dont want them around me becuase of smells, dirt etc. How is a farm animal different than any other animal, becuase you say it is? Well, its not, and they arent, they are all just animals. Its being hypocritcal imo, to chastise his parents for putting the cat down and keep it from suffering anymore, and then going to eat a steak.
Old 06-11-2006, 06:04 PM

The general optimism of this forum regarding neurological injury of this nature magically recovering in time is both ignorant and ridiculous. Perhaps the family should sell their house to pay for the surgeries that might fix the problem and avoid the pangs of guilt.
Old 06-11-2006, 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
While I don't agree with the family's decision, I think the reactions in this forum are puerile. If the vet isn't open, where is he going to take it and what painkillers is he going to give it? If the kitten was closed hard in the door it probably had severe and irreparable neurological damage that a world renown neurosurgeon wouldn't be able to repair. Some of you have way too much pity for exclusively cute small animals and makes me wonder if you have any idea what's happening in the rest of the world right now. There are soldiers in Africa walking around with fetus necklaces cut from the wombs of living human beings, merely for intimidation purposes. Saying he should kill himself or that his family deserves to die is completely incommensurate to the situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yet another "children are dying in Africa so let's not worry about a few kittens here and there" argument.

It might astound you to realize that whether or not a kitten is killed in the US doesn't affect how many people are killed in Africa. Bringing a kitten to the vet rather than bashing its head in with a shovel doesn't cheapen the lives of Africans, believe it or not.