Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2006, 02:34 PM

Default Re: Cool Thing At My 3/6 Table

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The slight irritation of the game being slowed down is made up for by their WPT style stare to figure out if they should call another 3 getting at least 4 1/2 to one.

Do you guys have any favorites?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was once playing in a FREE tourney at a bar with NO money on the line. A guy bets, I raise. He takes out his sunglasses, puts them on and leans into the table and stares a hole through me for about 30 seconds before letting it go.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I love those also. I play no limit at a bar with a small buy in and there is always 1 or 2 young guys at the table that take at least 45 seconds deciding if they are going to call to see the flop. And yes, these guys are usually the only ones wearing sunglasses at the table.
Old 06-11-2006, 03:04 PM

My favorites are the guys that sit down with a high collared shirt, sunglasses, hat, Ipod and elbows on the table. They always count their bets 1 chip at a time and never state that their stack of 13 chips isn't a stack of 12 chips. If i get heads up with them, i'll intentionally make bets of 19 chips and announce to the dealer with HUGE emphasis, "that is 19 chips, and in total it's $95. I love announcing my bet sizes and clarifying to all of the other players what my action's are."
Old 06-11-2006, 03:07 PM

chesspain,

I was sitting at the next table over from you yesterday. your table was obnoxious from even ten feet away, I have no idea how you stayed there.
Old 06-11-2006, 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
chesspain,

I was sitting at the next table over from you yesterday. your table was obnoxious from even ten feet away, I have no idea how you stayed there.

[/ QUOTE ]

At which table were you?
Old 06-11-2006, 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
chesspain,

[/ QUOTE ]

At which table were you?

[/ QUOTE ]

the 10/20 behind your dealer's back, against the wall.
Old 06-11-2006, 07:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dealer: "Please don't discuss the possibility of a bad beat or discuss the cards in play during a hand."

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually said after a hand Friday night, "I'd like to thank the 2 or 3 of you who didn't discuss that hand while it was in play."
Old 06-11-2006, 11:46 PM

Limping and then folding for one more bet preflop is pretty cool.
Old 06-12-2006, 12:01 AM

I now cringe instinctively whenever I put up a fourth spade or a fourth broadway card on a 3/6 table. Some astonished guy who’s not even in the hand has to exclaim, “Ohhhh! Who’s got the flush?!”

One time I explained to some donk why he’s not allowed to announce to the table what he thinks another player has, mid hand. He immediately started arguing saying that he had never heard of that rule and that he’d played a lot of poker. I finally had to call the floor over, who patiently tried to explain why you can’t discuss the hand in progress. This guy absolutely refused to believe her and ended up racking up and leaving over this!
Old 06-12-2006, 12:04 AM

Player - "but the commission says that....

Dealer - "our house rules say....

Player - "no way, the commission....

rinse , repeat for 20 minutes.
Old 06-12-2006, 12:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was once playing in a FREE tourney at a bar with NO money on the line. A guy bets, I raise. He takes out his sunglasses, puts them on and leans into the table and stares a hole through me for about 30 seconds before letting it go.

[/ QUOTE ]

...this is how no limit ruined home games. The last home game tourney I was in (two years ago) everyone seemed to go through this act.

After we'd played nine hands in an hour and forty five minutes (actual figures, not an exaggeration) I knew I had made a grievious mistake and haven't been in a home game since.