Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2006, 11:55 PM

Default Re: Hilary Swank

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
jodie foster?

[/ QUOTE ]

Similar, yep. Probably a 100% chance she would never have won another award or even been in a movie that was half-good. Silence was a one in a life time thing for her. She was great though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, you mean except for her Academy-award winning performance in The Accused?

Oh, and her Academy-award nominated performances in Nell, or Taxi Driver, when she was 13 years old?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been owned, gg.

She was really nothing in TD, can't believe she was nominated for that.
Old 06-10-2006, 01:16 AM

Foster about ten years ago maybe. Definitely not Theron, she's too much of a pretty girl (yes, I know about Monster, but I'm talking a different kind of tough).

Swede
Old 06-10-2006, 01:28 AM

She's also really nice and great looking in person...had a conversation with her a while back while we were waiting in line at Costco.
Old 06-10-2006, 01:47 PM

On the 'baby' commentary, she got into her life before film for a bit. She was a lot like her two big characters...poor, a little desperate, hard knocks etc. I think that life experience was able to help her relate to those roles in a way a better-adjusted actor couldn't.

I agree about romantic comedy, it wouldn't suit her and frankly, I think it would be beneath her (I hope she never does anything like The Core again). I see her as an Ellen Burstyn-type figure...not as delicate as the young Meryl or as self-assured as a Glenn Close or Emma Thompson.
Old 06-10-2006, 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
She's also really nice and great looking in person...had a conversation with her a while back while we were waiting in line at Costco.

[/ QUOTE ]

I read some place that after she got her Oscar she went to a McDonald's or some other fast food joint and was sitting eating with the Oscar on the table. I liked her before and after reading that I liked her even more and now that you say she stands on line at Costco I like her even more, more!
Old 06-11-2006, 09:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What do you guys think of her? I made the analogy to my friend that her IMDB page is like Gus Hansen's hendonmob page. With both of them you have very little quantity and some major, major peaks. Has any actress ever come close to what she's done? Has she made any movies that are even considered watchable others than her two wins?

Boys Don't Cry. OK movie, but from the moment her lines were being written it was obvious the character was going to win an Oscar.

MDB. I liked a lot more than some OOTers. Draggy at times but a good performance I thought.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are certainly remiss for omitting her spectacular performance when she starred in the last few years of Beverly Hills 90210